SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 222 is a Feeder service operating from Bedok Interchange and looping at Chai Chee Drive, passing through Bedok North, New Upper Changi Road and Chai Chee.
↺ Chai Chee Dr (Loop)
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Chai Chee Drive (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bedok Nth Rd, New Upp Changi Rd, Chai Chee St|
|Route Length||11.3 km|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bedok
||Weekdays||Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays
|05:05 – 00:40||05:15 – 00:40|
|Weekdays||4 – 6 mins||4 – 10 mins||5 – 7 mins||6 – 14 mins|
|Saturdays||7 – 8 mins||7 – 12 mins||8 – 11 mins||8 – 13 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||7 – 8 mins||7 – 11 mins||8 – 11 mins||8 – 15 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Feeder Service 222 serves residential neighbourhoods and schools along Bedok North Road and the Chai Chee Estate with connections to Bedok Town Centre. It runs alongside Service 14 for the high demand sectors between Bedok Int and Bedok North Road, while sharing part of its Chai Chee sectors with Service 229.
Feeder Service 222 serves Bedok MRT near the interchange. From Bedok Town Centre, passengers heading towards Chai Chee should board at Bus Stop 84039 – Bedok Stn Exit A, New Upp Changi Rd, while passengers heading towards Bedok North should board at Bedok Bus Interchange or at Bus Stop 84031 – Bedok Stn Exit B, New Upp Changi Rd.
The Townlink branding for Service 222 was dropped in August 2018.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Bedok MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by SBS Transit closer to these dates.
MRT Station Served
- EW5 Bedok
- New Upp Changi Road (Bedok Stn Exit B) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 05:15 & 05:25
Saturdays: 05:15, 05:26 & 05:37
Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:15, 05:26 & 05:36
Short Trip Services
- Service 222A: Bedok Int → New Upp Changi Rd (Bedok Stn Exit A)
Weekdays: 05:59 – 06:56
- Service 222B: New Upp Changi Rd (Bedok Stn Exit A) → New Upp Changi Rd (Bedok Stn Exit B) via Chai Chee Drive
Weekdays: 07:00 – 08:47 & 18:03 – 20:00
- 1997 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1997 (05 Apr): Introduced as Townlink 222 between Bedok Int and Bedok North Rd/Chai Chee St (Loop) with the integration of Services 221 and 229
- 2007: Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Blk 180 along Bedok North Rd
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2012 (11 Mar): Serves new bus stop outside Blk 204 along Bedok North Int
- 2013 (09 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to Bedok Integrated Transport Hub, skips bus stop outside Blk 204 along Bedok North Int
- 2018 (12 Aug): Townlink branding dropped, re-branded as a Feeder Bus Service.
- 2018 (15 Oct): First bus timing from Bedok on weekdays brought forward to 5:05am from 5:15am
- 2021 (12 Dec): Serves a pair of new bus stops before and after Heartbeat @ Bedok along Bedok Nth St 1
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles