SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 222 is a Feeder service operating from Bedok Interchange and looping at Chai Chee Drive, passing through Bedok North, New Upper Changi Road and Chai Chee.
||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Chai Chee Drive (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bedok North Rd, New Upp Changi Rd, Chai Chee St|
|Route Length||11.3 km|
|Traveling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Bedok
||0515hrs – 0040hrs (Daily)|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 04 – 07 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 04 – 10 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 05 – 06 mins
After 1900hrs: 05 – 14 mins
Feeder Service 222 serves residential neighbourhoods and schools along Bedok North Road, Upper Changi Road East and the Chai Chee Estate with connections to Bedok Town Centre. It runs alongside Service 14 for the high demand sectors between Bedok Int and Bedok North Road, while sharing part of its Chai Chee sectors with Service 229.
Feeder Service 222 calls at Bedok MRT near the interchange. From Bedok Town Centre, passengers heading towards Chai Chee should board 222 at Bus Stop 84039 – Bedok Stn Exit A, New Upp Changi Rd, while passengers heading towards Bedok North should board at Bedok Bus Interchange or at Bus Stop 84031 – Bedok Stn Exit B, New Upp Changi Rd.
During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings are extended to complement the extension of train operating hours.
In 2014, a Peak Period Short Service (PPSS) variant of this route was introduced, Service 222P, which duplicates the western loop portion of this route, between Bedok MRT and Chai Chee. The service was then renumbered to 222B from 1 Sep 2016 and operated by SBS Transit thereafter.
The Townlink branding for Service 222 was dropped in August 2018.
MRT Station Served
- EW5 Bedok
- New Upp Changi Road (Bedok Stn Exit B) → Bedok Int
Daily: 0515hrs, 0529hrs
Short Trip Services
- Bus Service 222A: Bedok Interchange → New Upp Changi Rd (Bedok Stn Exit A)
0600hrs – 0700hrs (Weekdays)
- Bus Service 222B: New Upp Changi Rd (Bedok Stn Exit A) → New Upp Changi Rd (Bedok Stn Exit B) via Chai Chee Drive
0700hrs – 0847hrs, 1700hrs – 1955hrs (Weekdays)
- 1997 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1997 (05 Apr): Introduced as Townlink 222 [Bedok Interchange – Chai Chee Drive (Loop)], following merger of Feeder servIces 221 and 229
- 2011 (11 Apr): Shortworking Trip 222A introduced
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2012 (11 Mar): Calls at new bus stop along Bedok North Interchange (Blk 204)
- 2013 (09 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2014 (29 Apr): Route variant 222P introduced
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to the new Bedok Int, skips bus stop along Bedok North Interchange (Blk 204)
- 2016 (01 Sep): Route variant 222P renumbered to 222B, change of operator to SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2018 (12 Aug): Townlink branding dropped, re-branded as a Feeder Bus Service.