SBS Transit Bus Service 35 is a trunk route running from Bedok Interchange and looping at Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS) avenue with an express sector along Changi Coast Road, going via Tanah Merah MRT, Xilin Avenue and Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal.
- At Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, RED plated Service 35 buses head towards ALPS Avenue while WHITE plated Service 35 buses head towards Tanah Merah and Bedok.
||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ ALPS Avenue (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Tanah Merah, Xilin Ave, Tanah Merah Ferry Rd, Changi Coast Rd|
|Route Length||43.7 km|
|Travelling Time||95 – 105 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– MAN A95 (Euro 6)
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bedok||0600 – 1930 (Weekdays)
0600 – 1500 (Saturdays)
No Operation on Sundays / Public Holidays
|Departure Times from ALPS Ave (Expeditors)
||0611 – 2013 (Weekdays)
0611 – 1547 (Saturdays)
|0630-0830: 10 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 14 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 14 mins
After 1900: 14 – 15 mins
Introduced in 1995 with the opening of Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, Service 35 is a trunk route serving the Ferry Terminal, and industries at Changi South, Changi East and Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS) areas, and Changi Naval Base, with bus connections to Tanah Merah MRT Station and Bedok Town Centre / MRT Station / Bus Interchange. It is also the only regular bus route to serve Changi Coast Road and Tanah Merah Coast Road.
The route also skips two pairs of bus stops between Tanah Merah MRT and Xilin Avenue. Demand for the route is concentrated around the peak hours owing to high demand from industries at Changi South. From Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, daily ferry services operate to various destinations in Malaysia and Indonesia.
As Service 35 calls at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal twice in a single trip, it employs a coloured service plate for easier identification. Red plate will indicate buses heading to ALPS, and white plate indicates buses heading towards Tanah Merah and Bedok.
The Airport Logistics Park is not a restricted area and buses will not be subject to security checks before entering (unlike Changi Airport Basement terminals). The checkpoint at the entrance of ALPS Avenue is used for cargo only.
Double-decker buses were reintroduced to this route since 3 Aug 2015.
Service 35 operates on weekdays from 6.00am to 7.30pm, and on Saturdays from 6.00am to 3.00pm.
At all other times, a route variant Service 35M operates, plying Service 35’s old route between Bedok Int and Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. Service 35M’s operating hours are weekdays from 7.45pm to 11.15pm, Saturdays from 3.15pm to 11.15pm and on Sundays & Public Holidays from 6.00am to 11.15pm
BSEP Route extension (2014)
From Monday, 15th December 2014, Service 35 was extended to the Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS) during the day, with an express sector along Changi Coast Road. The route now serves an additional 5 new bus stops, with one pair along Changi Coast Road (near Changi Ferry Road), and the remaining three along ALPS Avenue. The route extension is classified as the 36th new service under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), as well as the 4th route extension after 119, 11 and 123M.
The extended route enhanced connectivity to the Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS) and support the commuting needs of staff working at ALPS. Before the extension of Service 35 to ALPS, the commuting needs of the workers within ALPS were met with a shuttle service during peak hours to and fro from Tanah Merah MRT Station, formerly operated by Woodlands Transport. Within ALPS, two more bus stops were added by early 2015, in addition to the existing three stops along ALPS Avenue.
Tanah Merah Coast Road extension (2017)
With the construction of Changi Airport Terminal 5, a large section of Changi Coast Road (parallel to Changi Airport’s Runway 02C/20C) was closed. A widened Tanah Merah Coast Road opened to traffic on 22 April 2017 at 1900hrs, linking up with Aviation Park Road via the eastern coastline. Service 35 plies the realigned road twice in a single trip, lengthening each trip by 8 kilometres, Two new pairs bus stops for Service 35 were also along Tanah Merah Coast Rd, near Changi Lodge 2 and Changi Naval Base.
MRT Stations Served:
- ALPS Avenue (Opp DB Schenker) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0610hrs, 0623hrs, 0636hrs
Saturdays: 0610hrs, 0622hrs, 0634hrs
- SBS Transit Service 35M: Bedok Int ↺ Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal (Loop)
Weekdays: 1945 – 2315
Saturdays: 1515 – 2315
Sundays/PHs: 0600 – 2315
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1995 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1995 (09 Jul): Introduced between Bedok Int and Tanah Merah Ferry Road, following the opening of the Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to call at the bus stops outside Bedok Station in both directions due to the opening of Bedok Temp Interchange.
- 2014 (23 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to the new air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2014 (15 Dec): Extended to loop at ALPS Avenue during selected times of day, existing route renumbered Service 35M and operates during off-peak hours. Classified as 36th service under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
- 2015 (16 Feb): Calls at additional pair of stops along Alps Ave, outside Prologis and DHL.
- 2015 (03 Aug): Start of WAB Double-Decker bus deployments
- 2017 (24 Apr): Amended to ply Tanah Merah Coast Road and Aviation Park Rd due to partial closure of Changi Coast Road
- Refer to this article
- 2017: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2017.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
- Joint News Release By The Land Transport Authority & SBST – New Services 41 And 140 From 14 December 2014 And Route Extension Of Service 35 From 15 December 2014 – LTA
- Widening of Tanah Merah Coast Rd and Proposed New Road – LTA