SBS Transit Service 401 is a trunk route serving East Coast Park, running from Bedok Interchange to East Coast Park via Marine Parade and Old Airport Road. This service only operates on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
Bus Service 401 will remain suspended until further notice, starting 25 April 2020.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Fort Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Siglap Rd, East Coast Pk Svc Rd, Marine Parade, Old Airport Rd|
|Route Length||25.6 km|
|Traveling Time||61 – 75 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Bedok
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|No Operation||14:00 – 22:00||10:00 – 20:00|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Saturdays||–||16 – 17 mins||18 mins||15 – 17 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||–||16 – 19 mins||17 – 19 mins||19 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 401 serves East Coast Park with connections to Bedok, Marine Parade and Old Airport Road. The route plies East Coast Park Service Road between Fort Road and Bedok South Avenue 1 (Laguna flyover), for the convenience of commuters heading to East Coast Park. The service only operates on Saturdays, Sundays and Eves of Public Holidays.
Demand is moderate to high with park-goers relying on the service between East Coast Park and Bedok, Dakota and Mountbatten MRT stations. The route also compliments Service 31 between Marine Parade Road and Old Airport Road.
Formerly designated as a Parks service in 2005 (serving East Coast Park), it was reverted back to a normal trunk route in 2009.
MRT Stations Served:
- 1976 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1976 (24 Oct): Introduced between Chai Chee Ter and East Coast Park Service Rd (Loop), operating on Sundays and Public Holidays only.
- 1980 (27 Jul): Amended to ply Bedok South Rd, skipping Bedok South Ave 1.
- 1985 (08 Sep): Amended to Bedok Int with the closure of Chai Chee Ter.
- 1985 (01 Dec): Serves new bus stop outside East Coast Park Recreational Ctr along East Coast Park Service Rd
- 1986 (29 Jun): Serves new pair of bus stops along East Coast Park Service Rd.
- 1986 (27 Jul): Amended to ply East Coast Park Service Rd, Fort Rd and Mountbatten Rd.
- 1989 (03 Sep): Extended to loop at Fort Rd and ply East Coast Park Service Rd in both directions.
- 1997 (21 Sep): Extended to Lor 1 Geylang Ter and amended to ply New Upp Changi Rd, Siglap Rd and Marine Parade Rd, skipping Bedok South Rd and Bedok South Ave 1.
- 2003 (07 Jun): Extended to loop at Tomlinson Rd on a trial basis and enhanced to operate on Saturdays
- 2003: Serves additional bus stop opposite Mandarin Gdns along Siglap Rd
- 2004 (20 Apr): Amended to ply Mountbatten Rd, Geylang Rd, Kallang Rd, Victoria St, Jln Sultan and Beach Rd to facilitate reinstatement works for the collapsed Nicoll Highway
- 2004 (04 Dec): Shortened to loop at Fort Rd.
- 2005 (14 Nov): Re-classified as a Parks service.
- 2006 (19 Mar): Amended to ply Cassia Link, Cassia Cres, Guillemard Rd and Guillemard Camp Rd with the partial closure of Old Airport Rd and Dunman Rd to facilitate the construction of Dakota MRT station on the Circle MRT Line
- 2007: Serves additional bus stop (93201) along Marine Parade Rd.
- 2008 (29 Dec): Amended to ply the reinstated Old Airport Rd and Dunman Rd, skipping Cassia Link, Guillemard Rd and Guillemard Camp Rd
- 2009 (16 Mar): Reverted back to normal trunk service.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int.
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to Bedok Integrated Transport Hub.
- 2017 (21 Aug): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2020 (25 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (02 Jun): Suspended until further notice