SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 228 is a Feeder service operating from Bedok Interchange and looping at Bedok Reservoir Road.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Bedok Reservoir Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bedok Nth Ave 3|
|Route Length||10.7 km|
|Travelling Time||55 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Bedok
|05:30 – 00:40|
|Weekdays||7 – 8 mins||7 – 15 mins||8 mins||8 – 19 mins|
|Saturdays||9 – 13 mins||9 – 13 mins||14 – 19 mins||17 – 20 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||16 – 17 mins||9 – 14 mins||9 – 12 mins||13 – 14 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Feeder Service 228 primarily serves the residents of Bedok Reservoir Road, connecting them with Bedok Town Centre. This service duplicates Service 66 for almost its entire route length but remains useful by spreading out demand.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Bedok MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by SBS Transit closer to these dates.
MRT Stations Served:
- Bedok Reservoir Road (Christ Ch) → Bedok Interchange
Weekdays: 05:10, 05:23 & 05:36
- 1980 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1980 (15 Sep): Introduced between Bedok Int and Bedok Reservoir Rd (Loop)
- 1981 (22 Feb): Amended to ply Bedok North Ave 3 towards Bedok Reservoir Rd and return via Bedok North Rd and Bedok North Ave 1 with the introduction of Service 226
- 1983: Amended to ply Bedok Reservoir Rd, Bedok North Ave 3 and Bedok North St 1 towards Bedok Int, skipping Bedok North Rd and Bedok North Ave 1
- 2001: Serves new pair of bus stops opposite Blk 761 and opposite Baywater along Bedok North Ave 3
- 2002: Serves new pair of bus stops opposite and between Blks 731 and 734 along Bedok Reservoir Rd
- 2006: Skips a pair of abolished bus stops outside and opposite Bedok Green Sec Sch along Bedok North Ave 3
- 2010 (18 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2012 (11 Mar): Serves new bus stop outside Blk 204 along Bedok North Int
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to Bedok Integrated Transport Hub, skips bus stop outside Blk 204 along Bedok North Interchange