SMRT Feeder Service 300 is a Feeder service operating from Choa Chu Kang Interchange and looping at Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3, passing through Choa Chu Kang Avenue 2 and 4.
||Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Choa Chu Kang Ave 3 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang Ave 4, Ave 1, Ave 2|
|Route Length||5.8 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||18-metre Articulated Bus:
– MAN A24
12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang
||0530hrs – 0105hrs (Weekdays)
0545hrs – 0105hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 04 – 05 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 03 – 06 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 04 mins
After 1900hrs: 04 – 10 mins
Feeder Service 300 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Choa Chu Kang Ave 4, Choa Chu Kang Ave 2 and Choa Chu Kang Ave 3, connecting them to Choa Chu Kang Town Centre. Its primary area of service is Choa Chu Kang Neighbourhoods 2 and 4.
The route serves schools along its route, such as Concord Primary School, Choa Chu Kang Primary School and Bukit Panjang Govt High School. It also serves community amenities such as Sunshine Place and Victory Family Centre.
Formerly a Singapore Bus Service (SBS) route since 1990, the route was transferred to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS) in 1999 when areas of responsibility were exchanged between SBS and TIBS, which has since been re-branded to SMRT. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis due to high demand for residents.
The route used to ply Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 twice in one trip, calling at different bus stops in either direction. Due to road extension works, Service 300 was unofficially extended to loop at Keat Hong Close after the roundabout at the end of Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 was removed in January 2014. However, it did not serve the two new pairs of bus stops along the extended route.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Choa Chu Kang MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by SMRT Buses closer to these dates.
February 2015 Cancelled Route Amendment
Originally From 15 February 2015, Service 300 was planned to be amended to skip Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 (between CCK Ave 1 and CCK Way) and Avenue 5 entirely, and operate as a bidirectional loop route. The new amended route would serve Choa Chu Kang Ave 4, Ave 1, Ave 3, Ave 2 and Choa Chu Kang Way similar to its original route, but plying Choa Chu Kang Way straight back to Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange. This would be renumbered Service 300G.
At the same time, a new Service 300W would be introduced, plying the exact same route as 300G but in the clockwise direction. The service would call at two new bus stops along Choa Chu Kang Ave 2 (towards Ave 1), which will be built opposite the two existing ones along the road.
With Service 300G serving the existing counter-clockwise loop, and Service 300W serving the clockwise loop, the route amendment would have reverted Service 300 back to its routing in 1997, when Choa Chu Kang bus services were still under Singapore Bus Service (SBS) control. G and W stand for Green and White plates, a designation frequently used by SBS to distinguish between different directions of feeder services.
Due to negative feedback from residents of Choa Chu Kang, the planned amendment to feeder bus service 300 was cancelled.
25 April 2015 Route Amendment
Following the introduction of feeder Service 301 and trunk Service 983, Service 300 was amended to skip Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 and Keat Hong Close in both directions. The lost sectors will be replaced by the two new services.
This amendment replaces the planned February 2015 route amendment which would convert it into a bidirectional service operating as Green/White plate. The planned amendment was withdrawn following negative feedback from Choa Chu Kang residents.
On 19 April 2015, free route familiarization rides for the amended Service 300, new services 301 & 983 took place for the public and Choa Chu Kang residents to ride. SMB3085X was deployed for the amended Service 300 familiarization.
MRT / LRT Stations Served:
- NS4BP1 Choa Chu Kang
- Choa Chu Kang Avenue 2 (Blk 295) → Choa Chu Kang Int
Weekdays: 0515hrs – 0540hrs
Weekends/PHs: 0515hrs – 0556hrs
Fare: Distance fares for Feeder Services are capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares.
- 1990 – 1999: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1999 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 1990: Feeder service introduced by SBS as Choa Chu Kang Int – Choa Chu Kang Ave 3 (Loop)
- 1994: Amended to loop at Choa Chu Kang Ave 2, instead of Ave 3
- 1997: Converted to a bi-directional service with Green & White Plates, with green plate plying the existing route (counter-clockwise loop) and a white plate plying the reverse (clockwise) direction
- 1998: Amended to ply full stretch of CCK Ave 4, and serves CCK Ave 3 instead of CCK Way straight back to CCK Int, reverting back to single-directional loop operation and serving CCK Ave 4 twice
- 1999 (29 Aug): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS)
- 2001: Amended to ply Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 in both directions
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (Jan): Unofficially extended to loop from Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 to Keat Hong Close (in both directions) with no additional bus stops. Blk 486 bus stop closed and replaced by a new bus stop at the opposite side of the road, Opp Blk 486
- 2015 (02 Feb): Proposed route amendment announced to loop at Choa Chu Kang Ave 2 and 4, skipping Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 and part of Ave 3 to be implemented from 15 Feb 2015. Green/White plates to be introduced, routing reverted back to 1997. Deleted sectors covered by Service 301.
- 2015 (10 Feb): Route amendment postponed to April 2015, following feedback from Choa Chu Kang residents to SMRT & LTA.
- 2015 (25 Apr): Amended to skip Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 in both loop bound and CCK bound.
- 2017 (17 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (16 Dec): Calls at relocated Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange; Start of regular Double-Decker bus deployments
- 2019 (05 Oct): Last bus timing from Choa Chu Kang amended from 0055hrs to 0105hrs.