SMRT Feeder Service 300 is a Feeder service operating from Choa Chu Kang Interchange and looping at Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3, passing through Choa Chu Kang Avenue 2 and 4.
↺ Choa Chu Kang Ave 3 (Loop)
|Route||Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Choa Chu Kang Ave 3 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang Ave 4, Choa Chu Kang Ave 2|
|Route Length||5.8 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– MAN A24
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang
||Weekdays||Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays
|05:30 – 01:05||05:45 – 01:05|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|5 mins||4 – 6 mins||3 – 5 mins||5 – 10 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Feeder Service 300 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Choa Chu Kang Ave 4, Choa Chu Kang Ave 2 and Choa Chu Kang Ave 3, connecting them to Choa Chu Kang Town Centre. Its primary area of service is Choa Chu Kang Neighbourhoods 2 and 4.
The route serves schools along its route, such as Concord Primary School, Choa Chu Kang Primary School and Bukit Panjang Govt High School. It also serves community amenities such as Sunshine Place and Victory Family Centre.
The route used to ply Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 twice in one trip, calling at different bus stops in either direction. Due to road extension works, Service 300 was unofficially extended to loop at Keat Hong Close after the roundabout at the end of Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 was removed in January 2014. However, it did not serve the two new pairs of bus stops along the extended route.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Choa Chu Kang MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by SMRT Buses closer to these dates.
February 2015 Cancelled Route Amendment
Originally planned to take effect from 15 February 2015, Service 300 to be amended to skip Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 (between CCK Ave 1 and CCK Way) and Avenue 5 entirely, and operate as a bidirectional loop route. The new amended route would serve Choa Chu Kang Ave 4, Ave 1, Ave 3, Ave 2 and Choa Chu Kang Way similar to its original route, but plying Choa Chu Kang Way straight back to Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange. This would be renumbered Service 300G.
At the same time, new Service 300W would be introduced, plying the exact same route as 300G but in the clockwise direction. The service would call at two new bus stops along Choa Chu Kang Ave 2 (towards Ave 1), which were built opposite the two existing ones along the road.
With Service 300G serving the existing counter-clockwise loop, and Service 300W serving the clockwise loop, the route amendment would have reverted Service 300 back to its routing in 1997, when Choa Chu Kang bus services were still under Singapore Bus Service (SBS) control. G and W stand for Green and White plates, a designation frequently used by SBS to distinguish between different directions of feeder services.
Due to negative feedback from residents of Choa Chu Kang, the planned amendment to feeder bus service 300 was cancelled.
April 2015 Route Amendment
Following the introduction of feeder Service 301 and trunk Service 983, Service 300 was amended to skip Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 and Keat Hong Close in both directions. The lost sectors were served by the two new services.
This amendment replaced the planned February 2015 route amendment which would have convert Service 300 into a bidirectional service operating as Green/White plate. The planned amendment was withdrawn following negative feedback from Choa Chu Kang residents.
On 19 April 2015, free route familiarization rides for the amended Service 300, new services 301 & 983 took place for the public and Choa Chu Kang residents to ride.
MRT / LRT Station Served:
- NS4BP1 Choa Chu Kang
- Choa Chu Kang Ave 2 (Blk 295) → Choa Chu Kang Int
Weekdays: Between 05:15 – 05:38
Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays: Between 05:15 – 05:53
- Choa Chu Kang Ave 3 (Blk 280) → Choa Chu Kang Int
Weekdays Morning Peak Hours
- 1990 – 1999: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1999 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 1990 (16 Dec): Introduced between Choa Chu Kang Int and Choa Chu Kang Ave 3 (Loop)
- 1994 (22 Aug): Amended to loop at Choa Chu Kang Ave 2, skipping Choa Chu Kang Ave 3
- 1997: Converted to a bi-directional service with Green & White Plates, with 300G plying the existing route (counter-clockwise loop) and 300W plying the reverse (clockwise) direction
- 1998 (13 Apr): Amended to ply Choa Chu Kang Ave 3 and the extended Choa Chu Kang Ave 4 and reverted back to single plate feeder service, skipping Choa Chu Kang Ave 1
- 1999 (29 Aug): Operations transferred to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS)
- 2001: Serves new bus stop outside Sunshine Pl along Choa Chu Kang Ave 3
- 2001 (31 Oct): Extended to ply Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 in both directions
- 2013 (25 Feb): Serves new bus stop outside Blk 293 along Choa Chu Kang Ave 1
- 2014 (Jan): Unofficially extended to loop from Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 to Keat Hong Close (in both directions); Bus stop outside Blk 486 closed and replaced by a new bus stop at the opposite side of the road, Opp Blk 486
- 2015 (02 Feb): Proposed route amendment announced to loop at Choa Chu Kang Ave 2 and 4, skipping Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 and part of Ave 3 to be implemented from 15 Feb 2015 with Green/White plates (300G / 300W).
- 2015 (10 Feb): Route amendment postponed to April 2015, following feedback from Choa Chu Kang residents to SMRT & LTA
- 2015 (25 Apr): Amended to skip Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 with the introduction of Services 301 and 983
- 2017 (17 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (16 Dec): Amended to relocated Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange
- 2019 (05 Oct): Last bus timing from Choa Chu Kang amended from 00:55 to 01:05