Premium Bus Service 533 was a Premium service operated by Aedge from Teban Gardens to Beach Road. The route passed through West Coast Road, Cecil Street, Temasek Avenue and Raffles Avenue, operating one trip in the morning.
Premium 533 was withdrawn on 1 Jan 2022 after being suspended from 10 Jun 2021.
→ Beach Road
||Teban Gardens Road (Teban Gdn PO) → Beach Rd (Opp Golden Mile Cplx)|
|Passes Through||West Coast Rd, AYE, Cecil St, Temasek Ave|
|Travelling Time||55 mins|
|Former Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Teban Gardens Road
||0735hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Fare||Flat Fare: $4.20
Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Premium 533 serves housing estates around Teban Gardens and West Coast with bus connections to the Central Business District (CBD), eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. The service is well-received along its catchment areas where direct bus or train connections to the CBD are not available.
In 2014, City Direct 655 was launched between West Coast and Shenton Way, which further reduced demand on this service as a cheaper alternative.
The express sector of this route usually plies the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE), rather than West Coast Highway.
With the change of operator to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd on 15 August 2016, the route was extended to Beach Road, serving Suntec and The Esplanade as well. Departure timings remain unchanged.
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- AM Peak from Teban Gardens Road (Teban Gdn PO): 0735hrs
- Flat Fare $4.20
- 2007 (16 Jul): Introduced as a Premium Service from Teban Gardens → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0745hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.00
- 2008 (21 Jul): Fare revised to $3.30
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.10
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (from Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (30 Jun): Fare reinstated to $3.30
- 2010 (02 Aug): Second departure from Teban Gardens Rd at 0735hrs
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.50
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.20
- 2016 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (15 Aug): Operations transferred to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd. Route extended to Beach Road via Temasek Blvd & Raffles Ave. Wheelchair-accessible status revoked.
- 2018: Trip reduction to 1 AM Trip only.
- 2022 (01 Jan): Service Withdrawn
- 16 Jul 2007 – 12 Aug 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 15 Aug 2016 – 31 Dec 2021: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd