This Route has been withdrawn in 2018.
Premium Bus Service 544 was a former Premium service operated by Commute Solutions from Bedok North Road to Nicoll Highway. The route passes through Bedok North Avenue 1, Bedok South Avenue 1, ECP and Robinson Road, operating two trips in the morning.
|Route||Bedok North Rd (Blk 111) → Nicoll Highway (The Concourse)
|Passes Through||Bedok North Ave 1/South Ave 1, ECP, Robinson Rd|
|Current Operator||Commute Solutions|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
||From Bedok North Road:
0750hrs, 0800hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)
Premium 544, initially operated by SBS Transit, served housing estates around Bedok North Road / Street 3 and Bedok South Avenue 1 with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It was a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT and other bus routes to reach the city. In 2014, City Direct 659 was launched between Bedok and Shenton Way, which reduced demand on this service as a cheaper alternative.
Two trips are operated in the mornings, departing Bedok North Road (Blk 111) at 7:50am and 8:00am on weekdays. As part of the takeover of operations by Commute Solutions from 03 Jan 2017, the route was extended to Nicoll Highway.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
- EZ Link / NETS Flashpay: $4.50
|Boarding Stops in Bedok
||Alighting Stops in CBD|
- 16 Jul 2007 – 30 Dec 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 03 Jan 2017 – 06 July 2018: Commute Solutions
- 2007 (16 Jul): Introduced as a Premium Service from Bedok North Road → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0800hrs. Charges a flat fare of $2.70
- 2008 (21 Jul): Fare revised to $3.30
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.10
- 2010 (30 Jun): Fare reinstated to $3.30
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.50
- 2012 (19 Mar): Second departure introduced at 0750hrs
- 2013 (29 Dec): Express sector diverted to Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) from ECP.
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.20
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area; Express sector amended to Maxwell Road after MCE instead of Prince Edward Rd.
- 2016 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (03 Jan): Operations transferred to Commute Solutions. Route extended to Nicoll Highway. No longer wheelchair accessible.
- 2018 (08 Jul): – Route Withdrawn.
External Links & References:
Back to Premium Bus Services
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles
2 thoughts on “(Defunct) Premium Bus Service 544”
Why is this route withdrawn?