Premium Bus Service 588 is a Premium service operated by Commute Solutions from Sin Ming Avenue to Shenton Way. The route passes through Maymount Road, Bishan Street 21/12, CTE and Pickering Street, operating one trip in the morning.
||Sin Ming Ave (Opp Blk 454) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)|
|Passes Through||Marymount Rd, Bishan St 21, Bishan St 12|
|Travelling Time||41 mins|
|Current Operator||Commute Solutions Group Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Sin Ming Ave
||0800hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Fare||EZ Link / NETS Flashpay Card: $5.00 | Cash: $7.00
Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Introduced in 2008, Premium 588 serves the estates of Sin Ming, Marymount and Bishan (Neighbourhoods 1 and 2) with bus connections to Telok Ayer and Shenton Way, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport.
The steep fares and cheaper alternatives make Premium 588 a more expensive route to the city, but passengers get to enjoy the luxury benefits of Premium travel.
Takeover by Commute Solutions
Under Commute Solutions, EZ-Link fares were raised by 20 cents from $4.50 to $4.70. Cash fares were raised by 50 cents from $4.50 to $5.00.
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- AM Peak from Sin Ming Ave (Opp Blk 454): 0800hrs
- Cash: $7.00
- EZ Link Card / NETS Flashpay Card: $5.00
- 30 Jun 2008 – 26 Aug 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 Aug 2016 onwards: Commute Solutions LLP
- 2008 (30 Jun): Introduced as a Premium Service from Sin Ming Ave → Shenton Way. Charges a flat fare of $3.50. One trip departing at 0800hrs.
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fares brought down to $3.30
- 2010 (01 Apr): Original fare of $3.50 reinstated
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revision to $4.50
- 2016 (29 Aug): Operations transferred to Commute Solutions Group Pte Ltd. Fare increased to $4.70 EZ-Link Card & $5.00 Cash.
- 2017 (03 Jan): Cash fare revised to $7.00