Premium Bus Service 588 was a Premium service operated by Commute Solutions from Sin Ming Avenue to Shenton Way. The route passes through Maymount Road, Bishan Street 21/12, CTE and Pickering Street, operating one trip in the morning.
Premium 588 was officially discontinued in January 2021.
||Sin Ming Ave (Opp Blk 454) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)|
|Passes Through||Marymount Rd, Bishan St 21, Bishan St 12|
|Travelling Time||41 mins|
|Former Operator||Commute Solutions Group Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Sin Ming Ave
||0800hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Fare||EZ Link / NETS Flashpay Card: $5.00 | Cash: $7.00
Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Introduced in 2008, Premium 588 serves the estates of Sin Ming, Marymount and Bishan (Neighbourhoods 1 and 2) with bus connections to Telok Ayer and Shenton Way, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport.
The steep fares and cheaper alternatives make Premium 588 a more expensive route to the city, but passengers get to enjoy the luxury benefits of Premium travel.
Takeover by Commute Solutions
Under Commute Solutions, EZ-Link fares were raised by 20 cents from $4.50 to $4.70. Cash fares were raised by 50 cents from $4.50 to $5.00.
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- AM Peak from Sin Ming Ave (Opp Blk 454): 0800hrs
- Cash: $7.00
- EZ Link Card / NETS Flashpay Card: $5.00
- 30 Jun 2008 – 26 Aug 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 Aug 2016 – Jan 2021: Commute Solutions LLP
- 2008 (30 Jun): Introduced as a Premium Service from Sin Ming Ave → Shenton Way. Charges a flat fare of $3.50. One trip departing at 0800hrs.
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fares brought down to $3.30
- 2010 (01 Apr): Original fare of $3.50 reinstated
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revision to $4.50
- 2016 (29 Aug): Operations transferred to Commute Solutions Group Pte Ltd. Fare increased to $4.70 EZ-Link Card & $5.00 Cash.
- 2017 (03 Jan): Cash fare revised to $7.00
- 2021 (04 Jan): Withdrawn
- Premium Bus Services – Commute Solutions
- Premium Bus Services Update from 4th January 2021 – Commute Solutions
Back to Premium Bus Services
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles
One thought on “(Defunct) Premium Bus Service 588”
Hi, bus 588 seems to be not so reliable anymore. Today (16 aug) we had to take again the conventional bus instead, wasting alot of time, after 588 was overly late (waiting for more than 10 minutes). This is unacceptable. Also can you consider stopping at one raffles quay instead of shentn way.