Premium Bus Service 599 is a Premium service operated by XingSheng Transport Services from Hougang Street 51 to Shenton Way. The route passes through Serangoon North Ave 4, Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Telok Ayer and Fullerton, operating one trip in the morning.
Premium 599 is temporarily suspended from 21 Jun 2021.
||Hougang Street 51 (Opp Hougang G. Shop Mall) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)|
|Passes Through||Hougang Ave 4/9, Serangoon North Ave 4|
|Travelling Time||48 mins|
|Current Operator||XingSheng Transport Services|
|Departure Times from Hougang St 51
||0745hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
Premium 599 serves the housing estates of Hougang Neighborhoods 5, 6 and 9 and Serangoon Neighborhood 5 with bus connections to Telok Ayer and Shenton Way, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. The steep fares and cheaper alternatives make Premium 599 a more expensive alternative route to the city, but passengers get to enjoy the luxury benefits of Premium travel.
This service shares part of its catchment with Premium 574, also heading to Shenton Way, which charges $4.00 per trip.
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- Morning Peak from Hougang Street 51 (Opp Hougang G. Shop Mall): 0745hrs
- $5.50 (PayNow only)
- 08 Sep 2008 – 26 Aug 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 Aug 2016 – Present: XingSheng Transport Services
- 2008 (08 Sep): Introduced as a Premium Service from Hougang Street 51 → Shenton Way. Charges a flat fare of $4.00. One trip departing at 0745hrs.
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fares brought down to $3.80
- 2010 (01 Apr): Original fare of $4.00 reinstated
- 2011: Fares raised to $5.00
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revision to $5.50
- 2016 (29 Aug): Operations transferred to XingSheng Transport Services
- 15 Jun 2020 – 1 Apr 2021: Operations suspended
- 21 Jun 2021 onward: Operations suspended
Back to Premium Bus Services
Back to Bus Services