Premium Bus Service 599 is a Premium service operated by Xing Sheng Transport Services from Hougang Street 51 to Shenton Way. The route passes through Serangoon North Ave 4, Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Telok Ayer and Fullerton, operating one trip in the morning.
||Hougang Street 51 (Opp Hougang G. Shop Mall) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)|
|Passes Through||Hougang Ave 4/9, Serangoon North Ave 4|
|Travelling Time||48 mins|
|Current Operator||Xing Sheng Transport Services|
|Departure Times from Hougang St 51
||0745hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
Premium 599 serves the housing estates of Hougang Neighborhoods 5, 6 and 9 and Serangoon Neighborhood 5 with bus connections to Telok Ayer and Shenton Way, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. The steep fares and cheaper alternatives make Premium 599 a more expensive alternative route to the city, but passengers get to enjoy the luxury benefits of Premium travel.
This service shares part of its catchment with Premium 574, also heading to Shenton Way, which charges $4.00 per trip.
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- AM Peak from Hougang Street 51 (Opp Hougang G. Shop Mall): 0745hrs
- 2008 (08 Sep): Introduced as a Premium Service from Hougang Street 51 → Shenton Way. Charges a flat fare of $4.00. One trip departing at 0745hrs.
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fares brought down to $3.80
- 2010 (01 Apr): Original fare of $4.00 reinstated
- Late 2011?: Fares raised to $5.00
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revision to $5.50
- 2016 (29 Aug): Operations transferred to Xing Sheng Transport Services
- 08 Sep 2008 – 26 Aug 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 Aug 2016 onwards: Xing Sheng Transport Services