City Direct Service 658 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Eunos and the CBD, passing through Kaki Bukit, Bedok Reservoir and Shenton Way. It is the eight City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
City Direct Service 658 will be discontinued from 17 Dec 2018. The last day of service will be on Friday, 14 December 2018.
||[AM]: Bedok Reservoir Rd (Blk 122) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Rd (Mapletree Anson) → Kaki Bukit Ave 1 (Blk 660A CP)
|Passes Through||Kaki Bukit Ave 1, Central Blvd, Marina Blvd|
|Route Length||15.7 km (D1) | 15.2 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from Bedok Reservoir Rd
||0740 – 0755 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd
||1820 – 1835 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|15 mins||15 mins|
City Direct service 658 provides residents of Eunos and Bedok Reservoir with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Jalan Eunos and Marina Bay via PIE, KPE and Sheares Avenue.
This is the eight City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), and one of ten City Direct bus routes to be progressively introduced until the 2nd Quarter of 2014. This provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
With the reinstatement of Kaki Bukit Ave 1 from 24 Apr 2016, City Direct 658 will no longer serve Jalan Damai but will call at a relocated bus stop from Jalan Tenaga along Kaki Bukit Ave 1. As a result, the PM terminating bus stop was relocated to Bus Stop 72041, Blk 660A CP along Kaki Bukit Ave 1 from 25 April 2016.
The service was discontinued on Monday, 17 December 2018.
- AM Peak from Blk 122, Bedok Reservoir Rd: 0740hrs, 0755hrs
- PM Peak from Mapletree Anson, Anson Rd: 1820hrs, 1835hrs
Fares: Charges regular distance-based express fares.
Fleet: Service 658’s fleet comprises of private buses operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd. Common models sighted include Golden Dragon XML6957J14B Turbos.
- 19 May 2014 – 14 December 2018: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd
- 2014 (19 May): Introduced as a bidirectional AM/PM-Peak hour service from Eunos to the CBD under the BSEP. Operates two trips on weekday mornings at 7:40am and 7:55am, and weekday evenings at 6:20pm and 6:35pm. Charges Distance-based flat fares.
- 2015 (23 Mar): Calls at new bus stop 03241 Anson Rd – Mapletree Anson instead of 03222 Anson Rd – Hub Synergy Point
- 2016 (25 Apr): Amended to serve Jalan Tenaga instead of Jalan Damai due to reinstatement of Kaki Bukit Ave 1.
- 2018 (17 Dec): Service Discontinued.
External Links & References: