City Direct Service 662 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Yew Tee and the CBD, passing through Choa Chu Kang Street 52, Street 62 and Shenton Way. It is the twelfth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
City Direct Service 662 was discontinued on 17 Dec 2018. The last day of service was on Friday, 14 December 2018.
||[AM]: Choa Chu Kang North 7 (Blk 619) → Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn) → Choa Chu Kang North 7 (Regent Gr Condo)
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang Cres, Choa Chu Kang Street 62 / 52, Anson Rd, Shenton Way|
|Route Length||28.4 km (D1) | 28.5 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang North 7
||0725 – 0740 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||1810 – 1825 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|15 mins||15 mins|
City Direct service 662 provides residents of Yew Tee with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Choa Chu Kang Dr and Anson Rd via KJE, Brickland Rd, Bukit Batok Rd, Jurong Town Hall Rd & AYE.
This is the twelfth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
On the first day of operations on 22 Sep 2015, free rides were available on this service. The service was discontinued on Monday, 17 December 2018.
- AM Peak from Choa Chu Kang North 7 (Blk 619): 0725hrs, 0740hrs
- PM Peak from Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn): 1810hrs, 1825hrs
Fares: Charges distance-based express fares. Calculate your bus fare using LTA’s fare calculator on MyTransport.sg here.
Fleet: Service 662’s fleet comprises of private buses operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd.
- 2015 (21 Jul): Tender for City Direct 662 awarded to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd.
- 2015 (22 Sep) – 2018 (14 Dec): Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd
- 2015 (09 Feb): Tender for City Directs 661 to 665 announced; tender closes 09 Mar 2015.
- 2015 (21 Jul): Tender for City Direct 662 awarded to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd at $5.41 million.
- 2015 (22 Sep): Start of Operations for City Direct 662
- 2018 (17 Dec): Service Discontinued
External Links & References: