City Direct Service 664 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Tampines East / Simei and the CBD, passing through Tampines St 45, 34, 32, Simei Rd, Simei St 3 and Shenton Way. It is the fourteenth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|City Direct 664:
Tampines Street 41 → Marina Blvd | Central Blvd → Tampines Street 41
Towards Tampines Street 41
||[AM]: Tampines St 41 (Blk 417) → Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn) → Tampines St 41 (Blk 418)
|Passes Through||Tampines Street 45 / 34 / 32, Simei Street 3|
|Route Length||24.7 km (D1) | 25.3 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from Tampines St 41
||0730 – 0745 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||1815 – 1830 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|15 mins||15 mins|
City Direct service 664 provides residents of Tampines East & Simei with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Simei St 3 and Anson Rd via PIE, KPE & MCE.
This is the fourteenth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
- AM Peak from Tampines Street 41 (Blk 417): 0730hrs, 0745hrs
- PM Peak from Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn): 1815hrs, 1830hrs
Fares: Charges distance-based express fares. Calculate your bus fare using LTA’s fare calculator on MyTransport.sg here.
Fleet: Service 664’s fleet comprises of private buses operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd.
- 2015 (21 Jul): Tender for City Direct 664 awarded to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd.
- 6 Oct 2015 to Present: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd
- 2015 (09 Feb): Tender for City Directs 661 to 665 announced; tender closes 09 Mar 2015.
- 2015 (21 Jul): Tender for City Direct 664 awarded to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd at $5.41 million.
- 2015 (6 Oct): City Direct 664 launched from Tampines East to and fro CBD.
External Links & References: