City Direct Bus Service 666 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct service between Punggol and the Central Business District, passing through Punggol Drive, Punggol Field, and and express sector via TPE and CTE. It is the sixteenth City Direct route as well as the fifty-seventh (57th) route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
City Direct 666 is operated by Go-Ahead Singapore from Monday, 2 March 2020.
|Route||[AM]: Punggol Dr (Damai Stn Exit A) → Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn) → Punggol Dr (Damai Stn Exit B)
|Passes Through||Punggol East, Punggol Field, Anson Rd, Shenton Way|
|Route Length||Towards Marina Blvd: 27.6 km||Towards Punggol Dr: 27.7 km|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
||Loyang Bus Depot
|Current Fleet||12-meter Single-Deck Buses
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol Dr||Weekdays except Public Holidays|
|07:25 – 07:40 (2 Trips)|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd||Weekdays except Public Holidays|
|18:10 – 18:25 (2 Trips)|
|From Punggol Dr||15 mins|
|From Central Blvd||15 mins|
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
City Direct Service 666 provides residents of Punggol with greater connectivity to the Central Business District. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from the CBD. The route incorporates an express sector between Punggol Way and Anson Rd via TPE & CTE.
This is the sixteenth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented. City Direct Services operate one-direction trips during AM/PM Peak Hours on weekdays only, excluding public holidays.
Rides were provided free-of-charge on its first day of service.
- AM Peak from Punggol Drive (Damai Stn Exit A): 07:25 & 07:40
- PM Peak from Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn): 18:10 & 18:25
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- PE7 Damai
- PE6 Oasis
- PE5 Kadaloor
- PE4 Riviera
- PE3 Coral Edge
- PE2 Meridian
- PE1 Cove
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- NS27CE2 Marina Bay
- DT17 Downtown
- 2015 (05 Aug): Tender for City Directs 666 to 670 announced; tender closes 31 Aug 2015.
- 2015 (14 Dec): Tender for Ang Mo Kio / Yio Chu Kang City Direct & Punggol City Direct awarded to BT & TAN Transport Pte Ltd at $2.46 million.
- 2016 (29 Feb): Launch of service
- 2020 (02 Mar): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
- 29 Feb 2016 – 28 Feb 2020: BT & Tan Transport Pte Ltd
- 02 Mar 2020 onward: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
External Links & References:
- “More Travel Options with Five New City Direct Services.” Land Transport Authority. February 22, 2016.