City Direct Bus Service 666 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct service between Punggol and the Central Business District, passing through Punggol Drive, Punggol Field, and and express sector via TPE and CTE. It is the sixteenth City Direct route as well as the fifty-seventh (57th) route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|City Direct 666:
Punggol Drive → Marina Blvd | Central Blvd → Punggol Drive
Towards Punggol Drive
||[AM]: Punggol Dr (Damai Stn Exit A) → Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn) → Punggol Dr (Damai Stn Exit B)
|Passes Through||Punggol East, Punggol Field, Anson Rd, Shenton Way|
|Route Length||27.6 km (D1) | 27.8 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||BT & Tan Transport Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from Punggol Dr
||0725 – 0740 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||1810 – 1825 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|15 mins||15 mins|
City Direct Service 666 provides residents of Punggol with greater connectivity to the Central Business District. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from the CBD. The route incorporates an express sector between Punggol Way and Anson Rd via TPE & CTE.
This is the sixteenth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented. City Direct Services operate one-direction trips during AM/PM Peak Hours on weekdays only, excluding public holidays.
Rides were provided free-of-charge on its first day of service.
- AM Peak from Punggol Drive (Damai Stn Exit A): 0725hrs, 0740hrs
- PM Peak from Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn): 1810hrs, 1825hrs
Fares: Charges distance-based express fares. Calculate your bus fare using LTA’s fare calculator on MyTransport.sg here.
Fleet: Service 666’s fleet comprises of private buses operated by BT & Tan.
- 2015 (05 Aug): Tender for City Directs 666 to 670 announced; tender closes 31 Aug 2015.
- 2015 (14 Dec): Tender for Ang Mo Kio / Yio Chu Kang City Direct & Punggol City Direct awarded to BT & TAN Transport Pte Ltd at $2.46 million.
- 2016 (29 Feb): Launch of service.
- 2015 (14 Dec): Tender for City Direct 666 awarded to BT & Tan Transport Pte Ltd
- 2016 (29 Feb) onwards: BT & Tan Transport Pte Ltd
External Links & References:
- “More Travel Options with Five New City Direct Services.” Land Transport Authority. February 22, 2016.