Go-Ahead City Direct Bus Service 666 is a Weekday Peak Hour City Direct service between Punggol and the Central Business District, passing through Punggol Drive, Punggol Field, and and express sector via TPE and CTE. It is the sixteenth City Direct route as well as the fifty-seventh (57th) route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||[AM]: Punggol Drive (Damai Stn Exit A) → Marina Boulevard (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Boulevard (Marina Bay Stn) → Punggol Drive (Damai Stn Exit B)
|Passes Through||Punggol East, Punggol Field, Anson Rd / Shenton Way|
|Route Length||Towards Marina Blvd: 27.6 km||Towards Punggol Dr: 27.7 km|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol Dr
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|07:25 – 07:40|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|18:10 – 18:25|
|From Punggol Dr
|From Central Blvd
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
City Direct Service 666 provides residents of Punggol with greater connectivity to the Central Business District. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from the CBD. The route incorporates an express sector between Punggol Way and Anson Rd via TPE, CTE, Outram Road and Cantonment Road.
This is the sixteenth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented. Rides were provided free-of-charge on its first day of service.
Travel Smart Journeys
This bus service is part of the Travel Smart Journeys – North-East Line Scheme from 20 Mar 2023, where commuters who switch to this service can earn cashback in the form of e-transport vouchers.
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- PE7 Damai
- PE6 Oasis
- PE5 Kadaloor
- PE4 Riviera
- PE3 Coral Edge
- PE2 Meridian
- PE1 Cove
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- TE19 Shenton Way
- DT17 Downtown
- NS27CE2TE20 Marina Bay
Weekdays (except Public Holidays)
- Morning Peak from Punggol Drive (Damai Stn Exit A):
07:25 & 07:40
- Evening Peak from Central Boulevard (Marina Bay Stn):
18:10 & 18:25
- 29 Feb 2016 – 28 Feb 2020: BT & Tan Transport Pte Ltd
- 02 Mar 2020 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2016 (29 Feb): Introduced between Punggol Dr (Opp Blk 612A) and Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr) during morning peak hours and between Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn) and Punggol Dr (Blk 612A) during evening peak hours as a peak hour one-directional service on weekdays under the BSEP. Operated under Contract PT233B.
- 2020 (02 Mar): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd under the Loyang Bus Package
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2021 (15 Sep) – 2022 (02 Feb): Temporarily suspended due to the impact of COVID-19 on available manpower
External Links & References:
- “More Travel Options with Five New City Direct Services.” Land Transport Authority. February 22, 2016.
Back to Bus Services
Back to City Direct Services
Back to Bus Articles
13 thoughts on “Go-Ahead City Direct Bus Service 666”
Only bus service which has the demons number