City Direct Bus Service 669 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Bedok Reservoir and the Central Business District, passing through Bedok North Ave 3.
City Direct Bus Service 669 commenced operations on 22 Mar 2016. It is the nineteenth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
||[AM]: Bedok North Rd (Bedok Nth Stn Exit A) → Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn) → Bedok North Rd (Bet Blks 705/706)
|Passes Through||Bedok Reservoir Rd, Bedok North Ave 3|
|Route Length||20.5 km (D1) | 20.1 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from Bedok North Rd
||0740 – 0755 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||1815 – 1830 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|15 mins||15 mins|
City Direct Service 669 provides residents of Bedok Reservoir with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Bedok and the CBD via ECP and MCE.
This is the nineteenth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
Rides on the launch day, 22 March 2016, were free-of-charge.
- AM Peak from Bedok North Rd (Bedok Nth Stn Exit A): 0740hrs, 0755hrs
- PM Peak from Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn): 1815hrs, 1830hrs
Fares: Charges distance-based express fares. Calculate your bus fare using LTA’s fare calculator on MyTransport.sg here.
- 2015 (05 Aug): Tender for City Directs 666 to 670 announced; tender closes 31 Aug 2015.
- 2015 (14 Dec): Tender for Bedok Reservoir City Direct, Clementi / Dover City Direct & Yishun West awarded to Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd at $3.41 million.
- 2016 (22 Mar): Launch of City Direct 669
- 2015 (14 Dec): Tender for City Direct 669 awarded to Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd
- 2016 (22 Mar) onwards: Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd
External Links & References:
- City Direct Services 666 to 670 – LTA