Go-Ahead Bus Service 83 is a trunk service plying between Punggol and Sengkang, passing through Punggol Central, Punggol Field, Punggol Road, Compassvale Street and Sengkang East Road.
||Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Sengkang Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Punggol Central, Punggol East, Punggol Field, Punggol Road, Compassvale Street, Sengkang East Road|
|Route Length||13.5 km|
|Travelling Time||55 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore
(Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double-Decker Buses:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Punggol
||0520 – 0036 (Daily)
* Buses leaving Punggol Temp Int after 0000hrs will terminate at Sengkang Int.
|0520-0830: 10 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 14 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 10 mins
After 1900: 12 – 16 mins
LRT Stations served by this route:
- Punggol Rd (Blk 298A) → Punggol Int
Daily: 0520hrs, 0531hrs, 0542hrs
- Punggol Field (Cove Stn Exit B) → Punggol Int
Weekdays AM Peak: 1 trip
- Sengkang Int → Punggol Int
Weekdays: 0605hrs, 0615hrs, 0655hrs, 0705hrs
- Originally between Punggol Road End and New Bridge Road
- 1987 (06 Jun): Amended to New Bridge Road Ter
- 1992 (29 Mar): Merged with Service 147, withdrawn.
- 2001 (23 Dec): Re-introduced as a loop service between Sengkang Temp Int and Punggol Field.
- 2003 (28 Jan): Amended to Sengkang interchange
- 2003 (09 Feb): Amended to ply Sengkang East Rd instead of Compassvale Rd
- 2003 (04 May): Extended to loop at Edgedale Plains
- 2003 (20 Jun): Extended to loop at Punggol Station with the opening of the NEL.
- 2003 (30 Nov): Made to start at Punggol Temp Int and loop at Sengkang Int+
- 2010 (21 July): SBS997A, SBS Transit’s sole Volvo B10M Superlong Demonstrator, was transferred from Service 62 to Service 83. Its last day of service was 27 Sep 2012.
- 2011 (21 Sep): Receives Mercedes-Benz Citaros, with the first two units being 6089 and 6090.
- 2014 (29 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. First bus timing from Punggol brought forward from 5.30am to 5.20am
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.
- 23 Dec 2001 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.