Go-Ahead Bus Service 83 is a trunk service plying between Punggol and Sengkang, passing through Punggol Central, Punggol Field, Punggol Road, Compassvale Street and Sengkang East Road.
|Route||Punggol Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Sengkang Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Punggol Central, Punggol East, Punggol Field, Punggol Road, Compassvale Street, Sengkang East Road|
|Route Length||13.4 km|
|Traveling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double-Decker Buses:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Punggol
|05:20 – 00:36|
|Service 83 Buses departing from Punggol Temp Int after 00:00 daily terminates at Sengkang Int.
|Departure Times from Sengkang
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:46 – 00:30||05:43 – 00:30||05:45 – 00:28|
|Loop Service||10 mins||9 – 14 mins||8 – 10 mins||12 – 16 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 83 connects the residential towns of Punggol East and Compassvale, serving catchment areas outside the coverage of the Punggol & Sengkang LRT system. The route connects with Sengkang and Punggol Bus Interchanges, as well major transfer bus stops along Punggol Road at (Blk 190C and Blk 298A). From 0000 daily, buses departing Punggol Int will terminate at Sengkang Int.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Punggol MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours, which terminate at Sengkang Bus Interchange, are announced by Go-Ahead Singapore closer to these dates.
MRT / LRT Stations served:
- Punggol Rd (Blk 298A) → Punggol Temp Int
Daily: 05:20, 05:31 & 05:42
- Punggol Field (Cove Stn Exit B) → Punggol Temp Int
Weekdays AM Peak: 1 trip
- Sengkang Int → Punggol Temp Int
Weekdays: 06:05, 06:15, 06:55 & 07:05
Gallery (SBS Transit):
- 23 Dec 2001 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd (formerly known as Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2001 (23 Dec): Introduced as a loop service between Sengkang Temp Int and Punggol Field.
- 2003 (18 Jan): Amended to Sengkang Integrated Transport Hub
- 2003 (09 Feb): Amended to ply Sengkang East Rd and Compassvale St, skipping Compassvale Rd
- 2003 (04 May): Amended to loop at Edgedale Plains temporarily
- 2003 (20 Jun): Extended to loop at Punggol Central with the opening of Punggol MRT station on the North East MRT Line
- 2003 (30 Nov): Amended to start from Punggol Temp Int and loop at Sengkang Integrated Transport Hub
- 2014 (29 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (04 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. First bus timing from Punggol brought forward from 5.30am to 5.20am
Back to Bus Services