The route operates from Kent Ridge Cres (NUS Fac of Design & Env) and ends at Commonwealth Avenue West (Clementi Stn Exit A), operating only on weekdays evening peak hours during the National University of Singapore (NUS) school term.
Service 96B was shortened to start from Kent Ridge Cres (NUS Fac of Design & Env) instead of Clementi Int from 2 Aug 2021.
→ Clementi Stn Exit A
|Route||Kent Ridge Crescent (NUS Fac of Design & Env) → Commonwealth Avenue West (Clementi Stn Exit A)|
|Passes Through||Clementi Rd|
|Route Length||3.3 km|
|Travelling Time||20 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Kent Ridge Crescent (NUS Fac of Design & Env)
||Weekdays (except Public Holidays & NUS Vacation Period)
|17:02 – 18:57|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Short Trip Service 96B is a trunk service operating from Kent Ridge Crescent (NUS Fac of Design & Env) and ends at Commonwealth Avenue West (Clementi Stn Exit A).
As a Short-Trip Service, the route operates during the evening peak hours on weekdays. It mainly supplements the high demand for Service 96 from NUS to Clementi Interchange/MRT.
Several trips started from Clementi Int before the route was shortened to Kent Ridge Cres from 2 Aug 2021 (NUS Academic Year 2021/2022).
MRT Station Served:
- EW23 Clementi
- From Kent Ridge Cres (NUS Fac of Design & Env):
Weekdays (Except Public Holidays & NUS Vacation Period): 17:02 – 18:57
- 2007 – 25 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 26 Jun 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 2007: Introduced as a short-trip service from Clementi Temp Int to Commonwealth Ave West (Clementi Stn) during evening peak hours on weekdays
- 2011 (26 Nov): Amended to Clementi Integrated Transport Hub
- 2016 (26 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
- 2021 (02 Aug): Shortened to start from Kent Ridge Cres (NUS Fac of Design & Env)