Tower Transit Bus Service 990 is a trunk route running between Bukit Batok Bus Interchange and looping at Jurong Gateway Road, serving Bukit Batok East Avenue 3, 6, Jurong East Central and Toh Guan Road. This is the 32nd service to be rolled out under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) and was launched on Saturday, 15 November 2014.
↺ Jurong Gateway Rd (Loop)
|Route||Bukit Batok Bus Interchange ↺ Jurong Gateway Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bukit Batok East Ave 6, Toh Guan Rd, Boon Lay Way|
|Route Length||11.6 km|
|Travelling Time||40 – 51 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|(Double Deck Bus deployments during Weekdays Evening Peak Hours)
Double Deck Bus
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95 (3-Door)
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Bukit Batok
|05:45 – 00:00|
|Loop Service||11 mins||12 – 15 mins||11 – 13 mins||11 – 14 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 990 provides residents around Bukit Batok East Avenue 3, Avenue 6 and Toh Guan Road with greater connectivity to Bukit Batok MRT Station/Bus Interchange, Jurong Regional Centre, Jurong East MRT Station and Bus Interchange. The route was launched on Saturday, 15 November 2014.
The route serves the many amenities around Jurong Regional Centre (such as shopping malls), Bukit Batok Swimming Complex, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, and schools such as Keming Primary School and Bukit View Secondary School. This is the thirty-second bus service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
Service 990’s launch was held in tandem with SMRT’s Community Engagement & Career Fair (known as Journey With Us@Bukit Batok Interchange). Free rides were offered to all commuters on the first two days of service (15 & 16 November 2014). SMRT operated the route since its introduction until its it was transferred to Tower Transit under the Bulim Bus Package in May 2016.
MRT Stations Served
- Bukit Batok East Ave 6 (Opp Bt Batok Swim Cplx) → Bukit Batok Int
Weekdays: 05:30, 05:42, 05:54 & 06:06
Saturdays: Between 05:30 – 06:17
Sundays / Public Holidays: Between 05:45 – 06:17
Gallery (Tower Transit)
Gallery (SMRT Buses)
- 15 Nov 2014 – 28 May 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 May 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 2014 (15 Nov): Introduced between Bt Batok Int and Jurong Gateway Rd (Loop) under LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Serves new bus stop opposite The JTC Summit along Jurong Gateway Rd
- 2015 (22 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (29 May): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
- 2019 (23 Sep): Service Enhancement – Adjustment to First Bus timings on Weekdays & Saturdays from Bukit Batok East Ave 6 (Opp Bt Batok Swim Cplx)