Tower Transit Bus Service 990 is a trunk route running between Bukit Batok Bus Interchange and Jurong Gateway Road, serving Bukit Batok East Avenue 3, 6, Jurong East Central and Toh Guan Road. This is the 32nd service to be rolled out under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), launched on Saturday, 15 November 2014.
|Bus Service 990: Bukit Batok ↺ Jurong Gateway Rd (Loop)|
|From Bukit Batok||Looping at Jurong Gateway Rad|
||Bukit Batok Bus Interchange ↺ Jurong Gateway Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bukit Batok East Ave 3, Bukit Batok East Ave 6, Jurong East Ctrl, Toh Guan Rd|
|Route Length||11.5 km|
|Travelling Time||40 – 51 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot (BUDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– MAN NL323F
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Bukit Batok
||0545hrs – 0000hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 12 mins
0831-1659: 12 mins
1700-1900: 12 mins
After 1900: 12 – 13 mins
Service 990 provides residents around Bukit Batok East Avenue 3, Avenue 6 and Toh Guan Road with greater connectivity to Bukit Batok MRT Station/Bus Interchange, Jurong Regional Centre, Jurong East MRT Station and Bus Interchange. The route was launched on Saturday, 15 November 2014, and offered free rides on 15th and 16th November 2014.
The route serves the many amenities around Jurong Regional Centre (such as shopping malls), Bukit Batok Swimming Complex, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, and schools such as Keming Primary School and Bukit View Secondary School. This is the thirty-second bus service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
Service 990’s launch was held in tandem with SMRT’s Community Engagement & Career Fair (known as Journey With Us@Bukit Batok Interchange). Free rides were offered to all commuters on the first two days of service (15 & 16 November 2014). SMRT operated the route since its introduction until its it was re-allocated to the Bus Contracting Model (Bulim Bus Package) in May 2016.
MRT Stations Served:
- 2014 – 29 May 2016: SMRT Buses
- 29 May 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 2014 (15 Nov): Introduced as a loop service from Bukit Batok Int to Jurong Gateway Rd (Loop) under LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (14 Mar): Calls at an additional bus stop along Jurong Gateway Rd – Opp The JTC Summit
- 2015 (22 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (29 May): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore under the Bulim Bus Package
- 2018 (09 Jul): Start of regular double decker bus deployment during PM Peak Hours only.
- Refer to this article
- 2014: No significant route changes since 2014.
External Links & References: