SMRT NightRider NR3 is a unidirectional night bus route running from South Bridge Road to Choa Chu Kang, passing through Clarke Quay, River Valley, Orchard Road, Stevens, Bukit Panjang, Teck Whye and Yew Tee.
Operating on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays, it is one of six NightRider bus routes operated by SMRT Buses, and the only one which does not serve the Marina Centre area.
NightRider Services will remain suspended until further notice, starting from 8 April 2020.
|Route||South Bridge Rd (Boat Quay) → Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Clarke Quay, River Valley, Orchard Turn, Stevens, Bukit Panjang, Teck Whye, Yew Tee|
|Route Length||30.7 km|
|Traveling Time||74 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Boat Quay
||Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays|
|23:30 – 02:00|
|From Boat Quay
|Fare||Flat Fare – $4.50.
Transfer benefits from distance fares & monthly concession passes are not applicable.
|Note||Free Transfer to another NightRider Service
Passengers who tap their cards on the Exit reader when alighting from the first NightRider Service enjoy a free transfer to another NightRider Service within 45 minutes.
NightRider NR3 is a late-night service connecting the city areas of Clarke Quay, River Valley and Orchard with the residential estates of Bukit Panjang, Teck Whye, Choa Chu Kang and Yew Tee. Operating only on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays, the route shuttles late-night dwellers from the City to the residential estates outside the City.
The route has an long express sector between Whitley Road and Bukit Panjang Road, plying around 10km of expressway (along PIE and BKE). Other parts of the route follow major trunk roads.
NR3 is also only NightRider that does not serve Marina Centre. Passengers may transfer to NR3 from other NR services at Clarke Quay MRT (see Fares for more information).
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- DT20 Fort Canning
- NS23 Somerset
- NS22 Orchard
- DT10 Stevens
- BP5 Phoenix
- BP3 Keat Hong
- NS5 Yew Tee
- NS4BP1 Choa Chu Kang
- From Boat Quay (Fridays, Saturdays & Eve of Public Holidays):
23:30, 00:00, 00:30, 01:00, 01:30 & 02:00
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 2000 (26 May): Introduced as a unidirectional night service from Marina Centre to Choa Chu Kang
- 2000 (18 Dec): Amended to start from Choa Chu Kang Int, amended to ply Choa Chu Kang Ave 4, Choa Chu Kang Dr, Choa Chu Kang North 7 and Choa Chu Kang Way and shortened to loop at North Canal Rd
- 2003 (01 Jul): Amended to serve CCK North 5, St 52 and Cres & Amended to serve CCK Ave 2 and Way, skipping a section of CCK Ave 1
- 2005 (02 Jul): Amended to ply Grange Rd and Orchard Link with the partial closure of Somerset Rd
- 2006 (29 Oct): Serves relocated bus stop outside Orchard Stn along Orchard Turn
- 2007 (15 Jul): Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Northvale Condo along Choa Chu Kang Dr
- 2014 (30 Apr): Converted to unidirectional operation from Boat Quay to Choa Chu Kang due to low ridership. Revised departure times from 11:30pm and 2:00am, and City-bound return services will cease to operate.
- 2015 (Nov): Calls at bus stop (13211) Aft Unity St instead of (N1609) LP 11 along Mohd Sultan Rd
- 2017 (17 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (16 Dec): Amended to new Choa Chu Kang Int
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
- 2020 (02 Jun): Suspended until further notice