Longer Train Service Intervals along the North South Line (NSL) between Orchard and City Hall will take place on Saturday & Sunday mornings in April 2019 to facilitate additional engineering hours for power supply system renewal and maintenance works.
In addition, NSL Train Service between Raffles Place and City Hall will not be available during the affected periods. Commuters travelling between these stations can use the East West Line (EWL) instead.
Covered in this article:
- Affected stations and sectors
Affected MRT Stations
|North South Line|
As a result, train services on the North South Line between NS22 Orchard and NS25EW13 City Hall will operate at longer intervals of 10 to 15 minutes. In addition, North South Line train service between NS25EW13 City Hall and NS26EW14 Raffles Place will be unavailable during the affected period. Train services remain unaffected along the remaining sections of the NSL (Jurong East — Orchard & Raffles Place — Marina South Pier).
Affected commuters travelling between City Hall & Raffles Place may use the East West Line which remain unaffected.
Affected Hours & Dates
- On days of Longer Train Service Intervals:
– Saturdays: 6, 13, 20 & 27 April 2019
– Sundays: 7, 14, 21 & 28 April 2019
normal train service will resume at around 7:00 am on the affected stretch.
External Links & References:
- Longer Train Intervals at Selected North-South Line Stations in April 2019 and Early Closure of Selected East-West Line Stations in May and June 2019 – SMRT