Premium Bus Service 542 is a Premium service operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from Yung Ho Road to Nicoll Highway. The route passes through Jurong West Avenue 1, East Avenue 1, Jurong Town Hall Road, AYE and Cecil Street, operating 1 trip in the morning.
|Route||Yung Ho Rd (Blk 151) → Nicoll Highway (Opp Nicoll Highway Stn)
|Passes Through||Corporation Drive, Jurong West Ave 1, Jurong East Ave 1, Jurong Town Hall Rd, Cecil St, Fullerton Rd|
|Current Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Jurong West
- 2007 (16 Jul): Introduced by SBS Transit as a Premium Service from Jurong West Avenue 1 → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0800hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.00
- 2008 (21 Jul): Fare revised to $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (previously Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (30 Jun): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.80
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.50
- 2016 (22 Feb): Operations transferred to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd. Route extended both ends to Yung Ho Road and Nicoll Highway with 3 AM Trips and 2 PM Trips.
- ?: Reduced to 1 PM Trip at 1810hrs
- 2016 (08 Aug): PM Trips withdrawn
- 2018: Reduction of number of AM Trips to 1
Premium 542 serves housing estates around Taman Jurong, Jurong East/West Avenue 1 and Jurong Town Hall Road with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It is a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT or other bus services to reach the city.
In 2014, City Direct 657 was launched between Jurong East and Shenton Way, which reduced demand on this service as a cheaper alternative. Express 502 also serves the Jurong East/West Avenue 1 catchment areas to Shenton Way, but via Orchard Road.
Transfer of Operations to Aedge Holdings
On 22 Feb 2016, Aedge Holdings took over Premium 542 from SBS Transit. The route was extended to start from Yung Ho Rd, calling at additional bus stops along Corporation Drive and Corporation Road. Also, it calls at more bus stops in the CBD, extending beyond Fullerton Rd to Suntec City and Nicoll Highway.
2 additional AM trips were added to cater to the fleet downside from a Double-Decker bus to a private coach as well as the increased demand catchment area. Moreover, 2 new PM return trips at 1810hrs &1825hrs were introduced, plying via Suntec and Marina Blvd (Later cut to 1 trip at 1810hrs and eventually withdrawn from 8 Aug 2016). The fare remains the same at $4.50.
Subsequently, the number of AM Trips were reduced to 1.
- From Yung Ho Rd (Blk 151): 0750hrs
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.50.
Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not available.
Fleet: Premium 542 operates on Private Coaches.
|From Yung Ho Rd||To Nicoll Highway|
- 16 Jul 2007 – 19 Feb 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 22 Feb 2016 onwards: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd