City Direct Service 657 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Jurong West/East and the CBD, passing through Jurong East Avenue 1, Toh Guan and Shenton Way. It is the seventh City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
SMRT Buses Ltd took over operations of City Direct Service 657 on 24 Apr 2017.
||[AM]: Jurong West Avenue 1 (Blk 538) → Marina Boulevard (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Boulevard (Marina Bay Stn) → Jurong West Avenue 1 (Blk 536)
|Passes Through||Jurong East Ave 1, Toh Guan Rd, Shenton Way|
|Route Length||20.6km (D1) | 20.4km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||67 mins (AM) | 73 mins (PM)|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Buses
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Jurong West
||0730 – 0745 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||1815 – 1830 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|15 mins||15 mins|
City Direct service 657 provides residents of Jurong West/East Avenue 1 and Toh Guan with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Toh Guan Road and Anson Road/Shenton Way via AYE.
This is the seventh City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), and one of ten City Direct bus routes to be progressively introduced until the 2nd Quarter of 2014. This provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
- From Blk 538, Jurong West Ave 1: 0730hrs, 0745hrs
- From Marina Bay Stn, Central Blvd: 1815hrs, 1830hrs
Fares: Charges regular distance-based express fares. Calculate your bus fare using LTA’s fare calculator on MyTransport.sg here.
Fleet: Service 657’s fleet comprises of single-decker buses from SMRT Buses Ltd.
- 24 Feb 2014 – 21 Apr 2017: Transtar Travel Pte Ltd
- 24 Apr 2017 onwards: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 2014 (24 Feb): Introduced as a bidirectional AM/PM-Peak hour service from West Coast to the CBD under the BSEP. Operates two trips on weekday mornings at 7:30am and 7:45am, and weekday evenings at 6:15pm and 6:30pm. Charges Distance-based flat fares.
- 2014 (06 Apr): Revised fares as part of the Public Transport Fare Adjustment 2014
- 2015 (23 Mar): Calls at new bus stop 03241 Anson Rd – Mapletree Anson instead of 03222 Anson Rd – Hub Synergy Point
- 2016 (18 Jan): Operating contract for City Direct 657 by Transtar Travel Pte Ltd extended by one more year.
- 2017 (24 Apr): Operations transferred to SMRT Buses Ltd.
External Links & References: