Premium Bus Service 588 is a Premium service operated by Commute Solutions from Sin Ming Avenue to Shenton Way. The route passes through Maymount Road, Bishan Street 21/12, CTE and Pickering Street, operating one trip in the morning.
Operations of Premium Bus Service 588 has been transferred to Commute Solutions from 29 August 2016.
|Route||Sin Ming Avenue (opp Blk 454) → Shenton Way (opp MAS Building)
|Passes Through||Maymount Road, Bishan Street 21/12, CTE and Pickering Street|
|Current Operator||Commute Solutions Group Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from Sin Ming
Introduced in 2008, Premium 588 serves the estates of Sin Ming, Marymount and Bishan (Neighbourhoods 1 and 2) with bus connections to Telok Ayer and Shenton Way, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport.
The steep fares and cheaper alternatives make Premium 588 a more expensive route to the city, but passengers get to enjoy the luxury benefits of Premium travel.
One trip is operated in the mornings, departing Sin Ming Avenue (Opp Blk 454) at 8:00am on weekdays.
Takeover by Commute Solutions
Under Commute Solutions, EZ-Link fares were raised by 20 cents from $4.50 to $4.70. Cash fares were raised by 50 cents from $4.50 to $5.00.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
- EZ Link Card: $4.70
- Cash: $7.00
Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Fleet: Premium 588 operates on Private Coaches from Commute Solutions.
|Boarding Stops||Alighting stops in CBD|
- 30 Jun 2008 – 26 Aug 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 Aug 2016 onwards: Commute Solutions LLP
- 2008 (30 Jun): Introduced as a Premium Service from Sin Ming Ave → Shenton Way. Charges a flat fare of $3.50. One trip departing at 0800hrs.
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fares brought down to $3.30
- 2010 (01 Apr): Original fare of $3.50 reinstated
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revision to $4.50
- 2016 (29 Aug): Operations transferred to Commute Solutions Group Pte Ltd. Fare increased to $4.70 EZ-Link Card & $5.00 Cash.
- 2017 (03 Jan): Cash fare revised to $7.00