SBS Transit Bus Service 151 is a trunk service plying between Hougang Central Int and Kent Ridge Ter, passing through Hougang Avenue 5, 7 & 3, MacPherson, PIE, Whitley Bukit Timah, Clementi Road and NUS. A fast-forward route variant, Service 151e, is also operated.
|Bus Service 151: Hougang Central ↔ Kent Ridge|
Towards Kent Ridge
||Hougang Central Bus Interchange ↔ Kent Ridge Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Hougang Ave 5, Hougang Ave 3, MacPherson Rd, Bt Timah Rd, Kent Ridge Cres|
|Route Length||25.3 km (D1) | 25.6 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||90 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)
Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
– Volvo B10BLE
– Volvo B10M Mark IV
|Departure Times from Hougang Central
||0545hrs – 2300hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Kent Ridge
||0615hrs – 2300hrs (Weekdays)
0630hrs – 2300hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 06 – 11 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 06 – 19 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 08 – 10 mins
After 1900hrs: 09 – 16 mins
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 07 – 14 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 07 – 18 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 08 – 10 mins
After 1900hrs: 10 – 18 mins
Service 151 serves both residential estates and many schools between Hougang Central and Kent Ridge, passing through Hougang Avenue 3, MacPherson, PIE, Bukit Timah, Clementi Road and Kent Ridge Cres. The service provides bus connections to many institutions along the Bukit Timah and Clementi Road academic belt, as well as serving within the National University of Singapore (Kent Ridge Campus).
Demand for this service is very strong during the peak hours with student demand in addition to workers commuting between Hougang and the industrial estates near Tai Seng and MacPherson Road. During offpeak hours, demand is moderate to weak. As such, the route is operated by a large split-shift fleet on regular weekdays, with reduced numbers during school holidays.
A fast-forward version of this service, 151e, is also operate during the weekday peak hours. It skips Dunearn Rd/Bukit Timah Rd (plying the PIE instead), and stops along MacPherson Rd in both directions.
MRT Stations Served:
- Clementi Road (Blk 352) → Hougang Central Int
Weekdays: 0605hrs, 0615hrs
- Service 151e: Hougang Central Bus Interchange ⇌ Kent Ridge Bus Terminal
- 1993 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package.
- 1993 (04 Apr): Introduced between Hougang Int and Kent Ridge Ter
- 1994 (11 Sep): Amended to ply Kent Ridge Cres, serving NUS
- 2004 (15 Feb): Extended to Hougang Central Int via Tampines Rd, Hougang Ave 7 and Ave 5 following the closure of Hougang South Int
- 2010 (02 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (04 Sep): Skips Bendemeer Rd and Serangoon Rd due to the closure of Whampoa North.
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.