SBS Transit Feeder Bus Service 229 is a Feeder service operating from Bedok Interchange and looping at Bedok South Road, passing through Chai Chee, Bedok South and Upper East Coast.
|Bus Service 229: Bedok ↺ Bedok South Road (Loop)|
|From Bedok|| Looping at Bedok South Road
||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Bedok South Rd (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Chai Chee St, Chai Chee Rd, Bedok South Ave 3|
|Route Length||9.9 km|
|Traveling Time||50 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Bedok
||0545hrs – 0040hrs (Daily)|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 07 – 09 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 07 – 14 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 08 mins
After 1900hrs: 08 – 16 mins
Feeder Service 229 primarily serves the residents of Chai Chee and Bedok South to Bedok Town Centre. Originally introduced as Feeder 219 in 1985, the route was later renumbered to Feeder 229.
For residents of Bedok South, the detour at Chai Chee before arriving at Bedok Interchange adds to travel time and Service 38 offers a more direct connection.
MRT Station Served
- EW5 Bedok
- 1985 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1985: Introduced as Service 219, Bedok – Bedok South Rd/Ave 1 (Loop)
- 1986 – 88: Extended to loop at Upper East Coast Rd via Bedok South Ave 3
- 1999: Renumbered to Service 229, no route change
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (04 May): Last bus extended to 0040hrs daily