SBS Transit Bus Service 48 is a trunk service plying between Bedok North Depot and Buona Vista, passing through Bedok South, Marine Parade, ECP, Rochor Canal, Bukit Timah Rd and Holland Rd.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
||Bedok North Bus Depot ↔ Buona Vista Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Bedok South, Marine Parade, ECP, Rochor Canal, Bukit Timah Rd, Farrer Rd, Holland Rd|
|Route Length||24.3 km (D1) | 24.4 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Clementi Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ayer Rajah Bus Park (ARBP)
Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Volvo B10M Mark IV
– Scania K230UB
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Bedok North
||0530hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Buona Vista
||0600hrs – 0000hrs (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 06 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 17 mins
1700-1900: 11 – 13 mins
After 1900: 13 – 19 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 16 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 17 mins
After 1900: 14 – 18 mins
Introduced in 2005, Service 48 spans from East to West, connecting Simpang Bedok, Bedok South, Marine Parade, Bukit Timah, Farrer and Holland Village with the City areas of Bugis, Rochor Canal, Little India and Newton Circus. It incorporates an express sector between Rochor and Tanjong Katong along the East Coast Parkway (ECP).
As a popular link between Marine Parade and Little India with little alternative routes, much of its demand is encountered along that sector. It is the only route between Holland Village and Bukit Timah Road, and has enhanced connectivity for Bedok South Avenue 3 and Simpang Bedok residents ever since its route extension in 2011, when it was extended from Upper East Coast Ter to Bedok North Depot.
Double-deck buses were introduced to Service 48 from 28 November 2016 onwards.
No boarding or alighting is allowed at Buona Vista Ter and Bedok North Depot.
Special Departures: (effective Sep 2014)
- Amber Road (Opp Amber Garden) → Bedok North Depot
Weekdays: 0615hrs, 0629hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 2005 (03 Jul): Introduced between Upp East Coast Ter and Buona Vista Ter. Additional bus stops built along Rochor Rd and Ophir Rd (Near Bali Lane)
- 2010 (28 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (11 Sep): Extended to Bedok North Depot. Skipped 2 pairs of bus stops along Upp East Coast Rd, now calls along Bedok South Ave 3, New Upp Changi Rd, Bedok Rd, Upp Changi Rd & Bedok North Ave 4.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (28 Jul): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Tanjong Katong Road South
- 2016 (28 Nov): Start of double-decker bus deployments
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.
External Links & References: