Go-Ahead Bus Service 83 is a trunk service plying between Punggol Int and Sengkang Int, passing through Punggol Central, Punggol Field, Punggol Road, Compassvale Street and Sengkang East Road.
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go Ahead Singapore) has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 4 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
|Route||Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Sengkang Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Punggol Central, Punggol East, Punggol Field, Punggol Road, Compassvale Street, Sengkang East Road|
|Travelling Time||55 min|
|GCM Route Package
||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Fleet||Double-Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol
||Weekdays: 0520 – 0005
Saturdays: 0520 – 0006
Sundays & Public Holidays: 0520 – 0000Daily: 0010 – 0036 (Terminates at Sengkang Int)
|Frequency||0530-0830: 10 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 14 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 10 mins
After 1900: 12 – 16 mins
|Notes*||From 0010hrs, buses leaving Punggol Temp Int will terminate at Sengkang Interchange|
Service 83 connects the residential towns of Punggol East and Compassvale, serving catchment areas outside the coverage of the Punggol & Sengkang LRT system. The route connects with Sengkang and Punggol Bus Interchanges, as well as a major transfer bus stop at Punggol Road (Blk 190C and 298A Punggol Rd). From 0010 daily, buses departing Punggol Int will terminate at Sengkang Int.
- Punggol Int → Sengkang Int
Weekdays: 0020hrs, 0036hrs
Saturdays: 0016hrs, 0026hrs, 0036hrs
Sundays / PHs: 0012hrs, 0024hrs, 0036hrs
- Punggol Rd (Blk 298A) → Punggol Int
Daily: From 0520hrs onwards
- Punggol Field (Blk 196A) → Punggol Int
Weekdays AM Peak (Split-shift)
- Sengkang Int → Punggol Int
Weekdays AM Peak
|Loop Service (via Serangoon Central)|
MRT Stations served by this route:
LRT Stations served by this route:
- Originally between Punggol Road End and New Bridge Road
- 1987 (06 Jun): Amended to New Bridge Road Ter
- 1992 (29 Mar): Merged with Service 147, withdrawn.
- 2001 (23 Dec): Re-introduced as a loop service between Sengkang Temp Int and Punggol Field.
- 2003 (28 Jan): Amended to Sengkang interchange
- 2003 (09 Feb): Amended to ply Sengkang East Rd instead of Compassvale Rd
- 2003 (04 May): Extended to loop at Edgedale Plains
- 2003 (20 Jun): Extended to loop at Punggol Station with the opening of the NEL.
- 2003 (30 Nov): Made to start at Punggol Temp Int and loop at Sengkang Int+
- 2010 (21 July): SBS997A, SBS Transit’s sole Volvo B10M Superlong Demonstrator, was transferred from Service 62 to Service 83. Its last day of service was 27 Sep 2012.
- 2011 (21 Sep): Receives Mercedes-Benz Citaros, with the first two units being 6089 and 6090.
- 2014 (29 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. First bus timing from Punggol brought forward from 5.30am to 5.20am
- Refer to this article
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.
- 23 Dec 2001 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
External Links & References: