SMRT Buses Express Service 868 is a Morning Peak express route from Bukit Gombak to Marina Centre, passing through Bukit Batok, AYE and Robinson Road.
Bus Service 868 calls at additional bus stops along Bukit Batok West Ave 7 from 9 April 2018
|Bus Service 868: Bukit Batok West Ave 5 → Temasek Avenue|
||Bukit Batok West Avenue 5 (Blk 347) → Temasek Avenue (Promenade Stn)|
|Passes Through||Bukit Batok, Toh Guan Rd, Jurong Town Hall Rd, Robinson Rd|
|Route Length||23.2 km|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Bt Batok West Ave 5
||0730hrs – 0745hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
Service 868 provides passengers in Bukit Gombak and Bukit Batok with alternative means of transport to the city and Marina Centre, via an express sector along the AYE. The journey time is comparable to taking a train, but Service 868 charges slightly more under the distance-based fare scheme. The route was introduced on 28 September 2010 as part of the Quarterly Review of Bus Services performed in September 2010.
This service operates two trips during weekday mornings, departing Bukit Batok West Avenue 5 at 7:30am and 7:45am.
Service 868 received a fleet upgrade to double decker bus from 11 Aug 2015 to cope with rising demand for this service.
- From Blk 347, Bt Batok West Ave 5: 0730hrs, 0745hrs
MRT Stations Served
- 2010 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 2010 (28 Sep): Introduced as a unidirectional peak hour service from Bukit Batok to the City. Operates two trips on weekday mornings. Charges Express fares under the Distance-Based Fare scheme.
- 2015 (11 Aug): Start of Double-Decker Bus Deployments
- 2017 (17 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (09 Apr): Calls at 2 additional bus stops along Bukit Batok West Ave 7
- Refer to this article
- 2010: No significant route changes since 2010.
External Links & References: