Tower Transit Bus Service 143M is a trunk service plying between Jurong East Interchange and Pandan Gardens, passing through Jurong Town Hall Road and Teban Gardens. It is a route variant of Service 143, introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
Service 143M will be amended to ply the realigned Teban Gardens Road & skip the bus stop before Pandan Gardens along Jurong Town Hall Road from 8 Jan 2023.
↺ Pandan Gdns (Loop)
- No boarding at Bus Stop 28211 – Bef Jurong East Stn, Jurong Gateway Rd
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Pandan Gardens (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jurong Town Hall Rd, Teban Gardens Rd, West Coast Rd|
|Route Length||9.6 km|
|Travelling Time||30 – 36 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Jurong East||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays
|05:30 – 01:15||05:25 – 01:15||05:50 – 01:15|
|Loop Service||15 – 16 mins||14 – 16 mins||14 – 15 mins||15 – 20 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 143M provides residents of Teban Gardens and Pandan Gardens with greater connectivity to Jurong East MRT and Interchange, along with other amenities in the neighborhood. The route serves Teban Gardens Market and Food Centre, Commonwealth Secondary School and Jurong Regional Library, along with JCube, JEM and Westgate malls near Jurong East Interchange. This bus service is introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), as well as the first M-suffixed service under the BSEP.
The service duplicates Service 143, relieving demand and improving reliability of bus services for commuters. By looping at Pandan Gardens, it strengthens bus connections there in addition to existing Services 51 and 143.
It is worth noting that 143M’s catchment is similar to the old Feeder 331 which looped at Teban Gardens and was withdrawn due to duplication with Services 51, 79 and 143. The late operating hours of this service resulted in withdrawal of Shortworking Trip 143A.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Jurong East MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by Tower Transit closer to these dates.
MRT Station Served
- EW24NS1 Jurong East
- Jurong Town Hall Road (C’wealth Sec Sch) → Jurong East Int
Weekdays & Saturdays: 05:30 & 05:40
Sundays & Public Holidays: 05:30, 05:43 & 05:56
- Service 143: Toa Payoh Int ↔ Jurong East Int
Gallery (Tower Transit):
Gallery (SBS Transit):
- 18 May 2014 – 11 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 12 Jun 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 2014 (18 May): Introduced between Jurong East Temp Int and Pandan Gardens (Loop) under the LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
- 2014 (24 Aug): Serves additional bus stop outside Blk 411 along West Coast Rd
- 2016 (12 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- 2019 (05 Oct): Daily last bus timing from Jurong East extended from 01:05 to 01:15
- 2020 (06 Dec): Amended to relocated Jurong East Int
- 2023 (08 Jan): Amended to ply the realigned Teban Gardens Rd & skip bus stop before Pandan Gardens along Jurong Town Hall Rd
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles
4 thoughts on “Tower Transit Bus Service 143M”
It is so misleading to number it 143M when the bus only loop at Pandan and doesn’t even goes to Toa Payoh interchange and covers only 10% of bus 143 route. It makes more sense to change the bus number to avoid any confusion to commuters.
Isn’t that what supplementary services are for?
Should actually merge this into 990. Such that Bukit Batok commuters could go to Ayer Rajah.
Bad idea actually , both bus 990 and 143M operate at a relativity low frequency and both service receive low to moderate demand . There is no point combining both services together . Plus longer the route , the less reliable the services . If want to travel from Bukit Batok to Ayer Rajah you can take 176 at the bus stop outside Bukit Batok Bus Interchange . Thanks