Tower Transit Bus Service 143M is a trunk service plying between Jurong East Temporary Interchange and Pandan Gardens, passing through Jurong Town Hall Road and Teban Gardens. It is a route variant of Service 143, introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
From 05 October 2019, the daily last bus timing from Jurong East will be extended to 0115hrs.
||Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Pandan Gardens (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jurong Town Hall Rd, Teban Gardens Rd, West Coast Rd|
|Route Length||9.7 km|
|Travelling Time||30 – 36 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore
(Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot (BUDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||0530hrs – 0115hrs (Weekdays)
0525hrs – 0115hrs (Saturdays)
0550hrs – 0115hrs (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|0630-0830: 13 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 14 – 16 mins
1700-1900: 14 – 16 mins
After 1900: 14 – 16 mins
Service 143M provides residents of Teban Gardens and Pandan Gardens with greater connectivity to Jurong East MRT and Interchange, along with other amenities in the neighborhood. The route serves Teban Gardens Market and Food Centre, Commonwealth Secondary School and Jurong Regional Library, along with JCube, Jem and Westgate malls near Jurong East Interchange. This bus service is introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), as well as the first M-suffixed service under the BSEP.
The service duplicates Service 143, relieving demand and improving reliability of bus services for commuters. By looping at Pandan Gardens, it strengthens bus connections there in addition to existing Services 51 and 143. With Service 143 being frequently affected by inconsistent arrivals, 143M would be a welcomed relief for regular commuters between Pandan Gardens and Jurong East.
It is worth noting that 143M’s catchment is similar to the old Feeder 331 which looped at Teban Gardens and was withdrawn due to duplication with Services 51, 79 and 143. The late operating hours of this service resulted in withdrawal of Shortworking Trip 143A.
This service is wheelchair-accessible as of introduction.
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
MRT Station Served
- EW24NS1 Jurong East
- Jurong Town Hall Road (C’wealth Sec Sch) → Jurong East Temp Int
Weekdays & Saturdays: 0530hrs, 0540hrs
Sundays & Public Holidays: 0530hrs, 0543hrs, 0556hrs
- Service 143: Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↔ Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange
- 2014 (18 May): Introduced between Jurong East Temp Int and Pandan Gardens under the BSEP.
- 2014 (24 Aug): Calls at Blk 411, West Coast Road
- 2016 (12 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- 2019 (05 Oct): Last bus timing from Jurong East amended from 0105hrs to 0115hrs.
- 18 May 2014 – 11 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 12 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- Refer to this article
- 2005: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2005.