SBS Transit Bus Service 182/182M is a trunk route running from Joo Koon Interchange and looping at Tuas South Avenue 9, passing through PIE, Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Tuas West Drive and Tuas South Avenues 3, 9 and 5.
Service 182 calls at Tuas Checkpoint both towards Tuas South and Joo Koon, while Service 182M calls at Tuas Checkpoint only towards Joo Koon.
↺ Tuas Sth Ave 9 (Loop)
- Bus Service 182 towards both Tuas South Ave 9 and Joo Koon duplicates at Tuas Checkpoint. Check the bus destination before boarding.
– Buses displaying the Red 182 Plate head towards Tuas South
– Buses displaying the White 182 Plate head towards Joo Koon
↺ Tuas Sth Ave 9 (Loop)
|Route Overview – Bus Service 182 & 182M
|Route||Joo Koon Bus Interchange ↺ Tuas South Avenue 9 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Upp Jurong Rd, Jln Ahmad Ibrahim, Tuas West Dr, Tuas South Ave 3, Tuas South Ave 5|
|Route Length||Service 182: 29.8 km||Service 182M: 29.0 km|
|Travelling Time||73 – 95 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
||Daily (Service 182)
||Daily (Service 182M)|
|05:45 – 09:15,
12:10 – 15:15 &
20:15 – 22:00
|09:25 – 12:00,
15:30 – 20:00 &
22:20 – 23:15
|Weekdays||7 – 9 mins||8 – 18 mins||N.A.||17 – 25 mins|
|Saturdays||10 – 11 mins||11 – 15 mins||N.A.||16 – 18 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||16 – 20 mins||8 – 16 mins||N.A.||9 – 15 mins|
|Service 182M||6.30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||N.A.||7 – 19 mins||8 – 11 mins||11 – 19 mins|
|Saturdays||N.A.||13 – 19 mins||18 mins||18 – 19 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||N.A.||8 – 19 mins||10 mins||9 – 22 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 182 is an industrial trunk route serving the many industries of Tuas and Tuas South with connections to Joo Koon MRT and Tuas Link MRT. Reaching far out into the developing Tuas South areas, it also passes by Tuas Bus Terminal, making it the fastest transport connection between Tuas and Joo Koon Int prior to the opening of the Tuas West Extension of the East-West Line in June 2017.
During selected times of day, Service 182M will operate. Service 182M calls at Tuas Checkpoint on its return direction only, whereas Service 182 calls at Tuas Checkpoint in both directions.
Red and white plates are used to help commuters boarding from Tuas Checkpoint, as buses in both directions (towards Tuas South Ave 9 and towards Joo Koon) call at the same bus stop. Apart from the destination display of the bus before boarding, commuters can check the service plate colour displayed on the windscreen. Red Plate buses head towards Tuas South Ave 9 while White Plate buses head towards Joo Koon.
Service 182 / 182M was shortened to start from Joo Koon as part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendment (Phase 2 – 28 November 2015). Existing sectors along Upper Jurong Road was skipped, while it was amended to call at all stops along Tuas West Dr instead of plying express.
MRT Stations Served:
- 1998 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
SMRT Buses will operate this service as the awarded operator for the Jurong West Bus Package in September 2024.
- 1998 (05 Jul): Service 182 – Introduced between Jurong East Int and Tuas Ter, calling at Tuas Checkpoint at selected timings only;
Service 182X – Introduced between Jurong East Int and Tuas Ter as an alternate route of Service 182 during off peak periods, skipping Tuas Checkpoint in both directions
- 2001 (25 Feb): Shortened to Boon Lay Int
- 2002 (26 May): Integrated with Service 183, extended to loop at Tuas South Ave 9 and amended to ply Jurong West St 64, Boon Lay Way, Upp Jurong Rd and PIE, skipping Jln Boon Lay
- 2004 (19 Jan): Serves all bus stops along Upp Jurong Rd
- 2005 (07 Aug): Serves new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Sin Lian Heng Construction along Tuas South Ave 3
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2007 (25 Nov): Serves 2 new pairs of bus stops before Tuas South Ave 2, outside LTH Distripark, before and after Tuas South Ave 2 along Tuas South Ave 3
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 182X re-numbered to Service 182M.
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub
- 2013 (26 Aug): Service 182M amended to call at Tuas Checkpoint towards Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub only
- 2013 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus (WAB) service
- 2015 (28 Nov): Shortened to Joo Koon Integrated Transport Hub. Amended to serve all bus stops along Tuas West Dr.
- 2016 (04 Jan): Service 182 first bus timing from Joo Koon Int brought forward to 5.45am instead of 6.00am
- 2022 (13 Feb): Amended to ply a new road instead of Tuas roundabout towards Tuas South Ave 9