Peak Period Short Service 222P was a Peak Period Short Service from Bedok MRT Station and looping at Chai Chee, passing through Chai Chee Road, Street and Drive. Operating during the weekday peak hours, it ran alongside SBS Transit Townlink 222 and alleviates crowding along high-demand sectors. Peak Period Short Service 222P was replaced by SBS Transit Short Trip Service 222B and withdrawn on 01 Sep 2016.
|Route||Bedok MRT Station ↺ Chai Chee Drive|
|Passes Through||Chai Chee Rd / St / Dr|
|Current Operator||ComfortDelGro Bus Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Coaches|
|Departure Times from Bedok||Weekdays:
AM Peak: 0700 – 0900
PM Peak: 1800 – 2000
|AM Peak: ~12 mins | PM Peak: ~12 mins|
Service 222P duplicates a sector of SBS Transit Townlink 222, serving between Bedok MRT Station and Chai Chee during the weekday peak hours. Operated using private coaches from ComfortDelGro, the route helps to relieve frequent overcrowding on Service 222. It is the third PPSS service to be introduced.
Peak Period Short Services operate at least five trips per hour during Weekday AM and PM peak periods. This initiative taps on the resources of Private Bus Operators to run shorter bus services to augment the resources of the Public Transport Operators (PTOs).
With the transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM), PPSS 222P was renumbered as Short Trip Service 222B and operated by SBS Transit Ltd from 1 Sep 2016.
Fare: Basic fares capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares.
Fleet: Service 222P′s fleet fully comprises of private coaches from ComfortDelGro Bus.
|Loop Service (via Chai Chee Dr)|
MRT Stations Served by this service:
- 2013 (30 Sep): Tender for PPSS 222P opens
- 2014 (21 Jan): Tender for PPSS 222P awarded to ComfortDelGro Bus Pte Ltd
- 2014 (29 Apr): Introduced as a PPSS route from Bedok MRT Station and looping at Chai Chee under the BSEP.
- 2016 (18 Jan): Revision of Ops Hours from 0545-0745 & 1645-1845 to 0700-0900 & 1800-2000.
- 2016 (01 Sep): Service renumbered to 222B and operated by SBS Transit Ltd.
- 29 Apr 2014 – 31 Aug 2016: ComfortDelGro Bus Pte Ltd
The contract for Peak Period Short Services lasts for 2 years and was extended from April 2016 to August 2016.
External Links & References: