|Route||Joo Koon Bus Interchange ↺ Tuas Avenue 11 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Pioneer Rd, Tuas Rd, Tuas Ave 20, Tuas Ave 11, Tuas Basin Link|
|Route Length||16.9 km|
|Travelling Time||48 – 60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
||0545 – 2315 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 14 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 11 mins
After 1900: 11 – 15 mins
Service 254 serves the industrial areas around Pioneer Road, Tuas Road and Tuas Avenue 11 with connections to Joo Koon MRT as well as Tuas Crescent MRT Station. The route serves the full stretch of Tuas Road only when heading towards Tuas Avenue 11, and not towards Joo Koon.
Formerly at 25.5km, it was the longest of Jurong Industrial Services, reaching all the way into Tuas West, before its route shortening to Joo Koon. As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
Route Shortening to Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 3 implementation (12 December 2015) shortened Service 254 to Joo Koon Bus Interchange, via Benoi Rd.
Service 254 continued to serve the full stretch of Tuas Road, only towards Tuas West. Also, Service 254 does not call at all bus stops along Benoi Rd except the stop before / after Joo Koon Int; those bus stops will be served by Service 257.
Operating hours are pushed back from 0545 – 2300 to 0600 – 2315 daily, owing to shorter travelling time between Joo Koon and Tuas West as compared to Boon Lay. However, the first bus timing was reverted back to 0545 from Joo Koon in Jan 2016.
Route Amendment with the opening of Tuas West MRT Extension
As part of the Bus Service Enhancements for Tuas West Extension opening, Bus Service 254 will be amended to ply Pioneer Road, Tuas Ave 20, Tuas Ave 11 and Tuas Basin Link, skipping Tuas Cres. The amendment will allow Bus Service 254 to call at both the new Tuas Crescent and Tuas West Road MRT Stations to better serve the industries along Tuas Avenue 11, Tuas Basin Link and Tuas Road.
Affected commuters along Tuas Cres may take Bus Service 247 from Tuas Crescent Station or Bus Service 248 from Tuas West Road Station.
MRT Stations Served:
Fleet: See Above
- 1984 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1984: Introduced as Jurong Int – Tuas Avenue 12 (Loop), via Tuas Cres & Ave 20
- 1990 (1 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int – Tuas Avenue 12 (Loop) when Jurong Int closed, via Jln Ahmad Ibrahim
- 1995: Extended to Tuas Road, Tuas Avenue 11, Tuas Basin Link and full stretch of Tuas Road
- 1999-2001: Amended to ply Pioneer Rd between Pioneer Rd North and Tuas Rd
- 2001: Amended to Jurong West Street 64 and Boon Lay Way
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int along Jurong West St 64
- 2007: Air-conditioned buses deployed
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Int
- 2015 (12 Dec): Amended to Joo Koon Bus Interchange via Benoi Rd. Deleted sectors replaced by Service 251 and 253.
- 2016 (04 Jan): First bus timing from Joo Koon Int brought forward to 5.45am instead of 6.00am
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (18 Jun): Amended as part of the Tuas Bus Service Enhancements with the opening of Tuas West MRT Extension.
- Refer to this article
- 2017: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2017.