SBS Transit Bus Service 254 is a Jurong Industrial Service running from Joo Koon Bus Interchange and looping at Tuas Avenue 11, passing through Pioneer Road.
↺ Tuas Ave 11 (Loop)
|Route||Joo Koon Bus Interchange ↺ Tuas Avenue 11 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Pioneer Rd, Tuas Rd, Tuas Basin Lk|
|Route Length||17.0 km|
|Travelling Time||48 – 60 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
|05:45 – 23:15|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||7 – 10 mins||8 – 16 mins||8 – 13 mins||13 – 17 mins|
|Saturdays||11 – 13 mins||9 – 12 mins||13 – 14 mins||14 – 17 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||13 – 15 mins||12 – 16 mins||12 – 16 mins||14 – 16 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 254 serves the industrial areas around Pioneer Road, Tuas Road and Tuas Avenue 11 with connections to Joo Koon MRT as well as Tuas Crescent MRT Station. The route serves the full stretch of Tuas Road only when heading towards Tuas Avenue 11, and not towards Joo Koon.
Formerly at 25.5km, it was the longest of Jurong Industrial Services, reaching all the way into Tuas West, before its route shortening to Joo Koon. As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
MRT Stations Served:
- 1984 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1984 (27 May): Introduced between Jurong Int and Tuas Ave 1 (Loop)
- 1989 (23 Jul): Serves new pair of bus stops near Pioneer Rd along Tuas Rd
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int
- 1995 (15 Jan): Amended to ply Tuas Rd, Tuas Basin Link and Tuas Ave 11
- 1997: Skips a pair of bus stops outside and opposite SKF Pte Ltd along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim
- 2001 (11 Feb): Amended to ply Boon Lay Way, Pioneer Rd North and Pioneer Rd, skipping Jln Ahmad Ibrahim and Benoi Rd
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2006 (15 Nov): Serves new pair of bus stops before and after Jln Buroh along Pioneer Rd
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub
- 2015 (12 Dec): Shortened to Joo Koon Integrated Transport Hub
- 2016 (04 Jan): First bus timing from Joo Koon Int brought forward to 5.45am instead of 6.00am
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (18 Jun): Amended to ply Pioneer Rd, skipping Tuas Cres and Tuas Ave 20 as part of the Tuas Bus Service Enhancements with the opening of Tuas West MRT Extension.