Service 255 operates at a reduced frequency of 25 – 30 minutes per bus during Weekday off-peak hours, as part of the On-Demand Public Bus trial.
||Joo Koon Bus Interchange ↺ Gul Cres (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Gul Circle, Gul Ave, Gul Way|
|Route Length||8.8 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
||0545hrs – 2315hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 30 mins*
1700-1900: 07 – 08 mins
After 1900: 09 – 30 mins*
* Lower frequency during On-Demand Public Bus Trial periods
Service 255 serves the industrial areas around Gul, connecting them with Joo Koon MRT and FairPrice Hub.
As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
Route Shortening to Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of Phase 3 of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange Opening Route Amendments, Service 255 was shortened to Joo Koon Int via Benoi Rd from 12 December 2015.
Operating hours were pushed back 15mins as the traveling time from Joo Koon to Gul Circle is faster as compared to from Boon Lay.
On-Demand Public Bus (ODPB) Trial
To facilitate the ODPB Trial from 17 December 2018 to 14 June 2019, Service 255 operates at a frequency of 30 minutes during off peak hours in the afternoon and 25 – 30 minutes during off peak hours in the evenings on Weekdays (Except Public Holidays). Commuters may book an On-Demand Public Bus (On-Demand Public Bus – Joo Koon Area) through the BusGo app.
ODPB Trial Hours – Joo Koon Area
- Weekdays from 17 Dec 2018 to 14 Jun 2019:
1100hrs – 1500hrs & 2030hrs – 2330hrs
Departure Timings of Service 255 during ODPB trial hours
- From Joo Koon Bus Interchange, Weekdays (Except Public Holidays) during the On-Demand Public Bus Trial:
1100hrs, 1130hrs, 1200hrs, 1230hrs, 1300hrs, 1330hrs, 1400hrs, 1430hrs, 1500hrs
2030hrs, 2055hrs, 2120hrs, 2145hrs, 2215hrs, 2245hrs, 2315hrs
MRT Stations Served
- EW29 Joo Koon
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1978: Introduced as Jurong Int – Gul Crescent (Loop)
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int – Gul Crescent (Loop) when Jurong Int closed. Express sector along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim abolished.
- 1995 (15 Jan): Amended to ply Benoi Rd towards Gul Cres, Gul Ave and Gul Way after Gul Cres, and express sector along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim between Jln Boon Lay and Pioneer Rd
- 2001 (11 Feb): Under Jurong West Rationalisation, merged with Service 253 and amended to ply Benoi Sector and Pioneer Rd, and also to ply Jurong West St 63 towards Pioneer Rd North
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int along Jurong West St 64
- 2007: Air-conditioned buses deployed
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Int
- 2015 (12 Dec): Amended to Joo Koon Bus Interchange via Benoi Rd. Deleted sectors replaced by Service 192 and 253.
- 2016 (04 Jan): First bus timing from Joo Koon Int brought forward to 5.45am instead of 6.00am
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.