||Joo Koon Bus Interchange ↺ Gul Cres (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Gul Circle, Gul Ave, Gul Way|
|Route Length||8.8 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
||0545hrs – 2315hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 11 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 08 mins
After 1900: 09 – 12 mins
Service 255 serves the industrial areas around Gul, connecting them with Joo Koon MRT and FairPrice Hub.
As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
Route Shortening to Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of Phase 3 of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange Opening Route Amendments, Service 255 was shortened to Joo Koon Int via Benoi Rd from 12 December 2015.
Operating hours were pushed back 15mins as the traveling time from Joo Koon to Gul Circle is faster as compared to from Boon Lay.
On-Demand Public Bus (ODPB) Trial
To facilitate the ODPB Trial from 17 December 2018 to 14 June 2019, Service 255 operates at a frequency of 30 minutes during off peak hours in the afternoon and 25 – 30 minutes during off peak hours in the evenings on Weekdays (Except Public Holidays). Commuters may book an On-Demand Public Bus (On-Demand Public Bus – Joo Koon Area) through the BusGo app. Following the end of the ODPB Trial, the bus frequency was reverted back to pre-trial status.
ODPB Trial Hours – Joo Koon Area
- Weekdays from 17 Dec 2018 to 14 Jun 2019:
1100hrs – 1500hrs & 2030hrs – 2330hrs
Departure Timings of Service 255 during ODPB trial hours
- From Joo Koon Bus Interchange, Weekdays (Except Public Holidays) during the On-Demand Public Bus Trial:
1100hrs, 1130hrs, 1200hrs, 1230hrs, 1300hrs, 1330hrs, 1400hrs, 1430hrs, 1500hrs
2030hrs, 2055hrs, 2120hrs, 2145hrs, 2215hrs, 2245hrs, 2315hrs
MRT Station Served
- EW29 Joo Koon
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1978 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1978 (01 Jun): Introduced between Jurong Int and Gul Circle (Loop)
- 1981 (15 Nov): Amended to loop at Gul Cres with the introduction of Service 252
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int with the closure of Jurong Int
- 1995 (15 Jan): Amended to ply Benoi Rd and Gul Circle in both directions and Gul Ave and Gul Way towards Boon Lay Int; Skips 3 pairs of bus stops along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim
- 2001 (11 Feb): Amended to ply Jurong West St 63, Pioneer Rd North and Benoi Sector, skipping Jln Ahmad Ibrahim under the Jurong West Rationalisation (merged with Service 253)
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2007 (24 Jun): Serves 2 additional pairs of bus stops outside and opposite Blk 653B and outside and before S’pore Post along Pioneer Rd North
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub
- 2015 (12 Dec): Shortened to Joo Koon Integrated Transport Hub via Benoi Rd. Deleted sectors replaced by Service 192 and 253.
- 2016 (04 Jan): First bus timing from Joo Koon Int brought forward to 5.45am instead of 6.00am
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)