SBS Transit Bus Service 255 is a Jurong Industrial Service running from Joo Koon Bus Interchange and looping at Gul Crescent, passing through Gul Circle and Gul Way.
↺ Gul Cres (Loop)
|Route||Joo Koon Bus Interchange ↺ Gul Crescent (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Gul Circle, Gul Ave|
|Route Length||8.8 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
|05:45 – 23:15|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|Weekdays||6 – 7 mins||7 – 11 mins||7 – 8 mins||9 – 12 mins|
|Saturdays||9 – 12 mins||9 – 12 mins||11 – 14 mins||12 – 14 mins|
|Sundays / Public Holidays||11 – 17 mins||11 – 17 mins||16 – 18 mins||17 – 18 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 255 serves the industrial areas around Gul, connecting them with Joo Koon MRT and FairPrice Hub.
As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
On-Demand Public Bus (ODPB) Trial
To facilitate the ODPB Trial from 17 December 2018 to 14 June 2019, Service 255 operated at a frequency of 30 minutes during off peak hours in the afternoon and 25 – 30 minutes during off peak hours in the evenings on Weekdays (Except Public Holidays). Commuters may book an On-Demand Public Bus (On-Demand Public Bus – Joo Koon Area) through the BusGo app. Following the end of the ODPB Trial, the bus frequency was reverted back to pre-trial status.
ODPB Trial Hours – Joo Koon Area
- Weekdays from 17 Dec 2018 to 14 Jun 2019:
11:00 – 15:00 & 20:30 – 23:30
Departure Timings of Service 255 during ODPB trial hours
- From Joo Koon Bus Interchange, Weekdays (Except Public Holidays) during the On-Demand Public Bus Trial:
11:00, 11:30, 12:00, 12:30, 13:00, 13:30, 14:00, 14:30 & 15:00
20:30, 20:55, 21:20, 21:45, 22:15, 22:45 & 23:15
MRT Station Served
- EW29 Joo Koon
- 1978 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
SMRT Buses will operate this service as the awarded operator for the Jurong West Bus Package in September 2024.
- 1978 (01 Jun): Introduced between Jurong Int and Gul Circle (Loop)
- 1981 (15 Nov): Amended to loop at Gul Cres with the introduction of Service 252
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int with the closure of Jurong Int
- 1995 (15 Jan): Amended to ply Benoi Rd and Gul Circle in both directions and Gul Ave and Gul Way towards Boon Lay Int; Skips 3 pairs of bus stops along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim
- 2001 (11 Feb): Amended to ply Jurong West St 63, Pioneer Rd North and Benoi Sector, skipping Jln Ahmad Ibrahim under the Jurong West Rationalisation (merged with Service 253)
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2007 (24 Jun): Serves 2 additional pairs of bus stops outside and opposite Blk 653B and outside and before S’pore Post along Pioneer Rd North
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub
- 2015 (12 Dec): Shortened to Joo Koon Integrated Transport Hub via Benoi Rd. Deleted sectors replaced by Service 192 and 253.
- 2016 (04 Jan): First bus timing from Joo Koon Int brought forward to 5.45am instead of 6.00am
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)