Normal weekday bus frequencies are reinstated from 17 June 2019 with the end of the On-Demand Public Bus Trial.
||Joo Koon Bus Interchange ↺ Pioneer Sector 2 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Pioneer Sector 1, Pioneer Sector 3, Gul Rd, Benoi Rd|
|Route Length||14.6 km|
|Travelling Time||35 – 45 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
||0545 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630 – 0830: 06 – 07 mins
0831 – 1659: 06 – 16 mins
1700 – 1900: 06 – 10 mins
After 1900: 09 – 17 mins
Service 257 serves the industrial areas around Pioneer Sectors 1, 2 & 3 with connections to Joo Koon MRT and Fairprice Hub.
As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
Route Shortening to Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 2 implementation (28 November 2015) shortens Service 257 to Joo Koon Int via Benoi Rd. The deleted route sector from Boon Lay Int to Jln Ahmad Ibrahim was replaced by the new Service 256.
Operating hours was also pushed back from 0545 – 2320 to 0600 – 2330 daily, to compensate for the reduction in traveling time between Joo Koon and Pioneer Sector 2.
The first bus timing was later brought back forward to 0545hrs from 4 Jan 2016.
On-Demand Public Bus (ODPB) Trial
To facilitate the ODPB Trial from 17 December 2018 to 14 June 2019, Service 257 operates at a frequency of 30 minutes during off peak hours on Weekdays (Except Public Holidays). Commuters may book an On-Demand Public Bus (On-Demand Public Bus – Joo Koon Area) through the BusGo app. Following the end of the ODPB Trial, the bus frequency was reverted back to pre-trial status.
ODPB Trial Hours – Joo Koon Area
- Weekdays from 17 Dec 2018 to 14 Jun 2019:
1100hrs – 1500hrs & 2030hrs – 2330hrs
Departure Timings of Service 257 during ODPB trial hours
- From Joo Koon Bus Interchange, Weekdays (Except Public Holidays) during the On-Demand Public Bus Trial:
1100hrs, 1130hrs, 1200hrs, 1230hrs, 1300hrs, 1330hrs, 1400hrs, 1430hrs, 1500hrs
2030hrs, 2100hrs, 2130hrs, 2200hrs, 2230hrs, 2300hrs, 2330hrs
MRT Station Served:
- EW29 Joo Koon
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1978: Introduced as Jurong Int – Gul Road (Loop)
- 1990 (1 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int – Gul Road (Loop) when Jurong Int closed
- 1992: Amended to serve Pioneer Sector Lane instead of Pioneer Sector 2
- 2001 (11 Feb): Under Jurong West Rationalisation, merged with service 253 and amended to ply Benoi Rd and Pioneer Rd towards Pioneer Sector 2, and also to ply Jurong West Streets 61/62/63
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int along Jurong West St 64
- 2007: Air-conditioned buses deployed
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Int
- 2015 (28 Nov): Amended to Joo Koon Bus Interchange via Benoi Rd. Deleted sectors replaced by Service 256.
- 2016 (04 Jan): First bus timing from Joo Koon Int brought forward to 5.45am instead of 6.00am
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.