Tower Transit Service 284 is a Feeder service operating from Clementi Interchange and looping at Clementi Avenue 4. At 1.8km long, it is the second shortest bus route in Singapore. Bus Service 902 is the shortest at 1.1km.
↺ Clementi Ave 4 (Loop)
|Route||Clementi Bus Interchange ↺ Clementi Avenue 4 (Loop)|
|Route Length||1.8 km|
|Travelling Time||10 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Clementi
|05:55 – 00:30|
|7 – 8 mins||7 – 10 mins||7 mins||7 – 9 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Feeder Service 284 serves residential estates along Clementi Avenue 4 to Clementi Interchange. It is also the shortest complete bus service in Singapore at just 1.8km long, short of Feeder 902 which only operates unidirectionally. Buses do a u-turn at the end of Clementi Avenue 4 to return to the interchange.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Clementi MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by Tower Transit closer to these dates.
MRT Station Served:
- EW23 Clementi
- 1979 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 25 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 26 Jun 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 1979 (16 Jul): Introduced between Clementi Ave 3 Ter and Clementi Ave 4 (Loop)
- 1980 (16 Nov): Amended to Clementi Int
- 2006 (29 Oct): Amended to Clementi Temp Int
- 2009 (29 Jun): Converted to a peak hour feeder service on weekdays with the introduction of Service 284M
- 2011 (26 Nov): Amended to Clementi Integrated Transport Hub and reverted back to full day feeder service
- 2011 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2016 (26 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd