Tower Transit Service 284 is a Feeder service operating from Clementi Interchange and looping at Clementi Avenue 4. At 1.7km long, it is the second shortest bus route in Singapore. Bus Service 902 is the shortest at 1.1km. Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit since 26 June 2016 under the Bulim Bus Package.
||Clementi Bus Interchange ↺ Clementi Ave 4 (Loop)|
|Route Length||1.7 km|
|Traveling Time||10 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore
(Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Clementi
||0555hrs – 0030hrs (Daily)|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 05 – 06 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 06 – 08 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 04 – 06 mins
After 1900hrs: 04 – 07 mins
Feeder Service 284 serves residential estates along Clementi Avenue 4 to Clementi Interchange. It is also the shortest complete bus service in Singapore at just 1.7km long, short of SMRT Feeder 902 which only operates unidirectionally. Buses do a u-turn at the end of Clementi Avenue 4 to return to the interchange.
MRT Stations Served:
- EW23 Clementi
- 1979 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 25 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 26 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 1979: Introduced as Clementi Ave 3 – Clementi Ave 4 (Loop)
- 1980 (16 Nov): Amended to start from Clementi Int
- 2006 (29 Oct): Amended to Clementi Temp Int
- 2009 (29 Jun): Introduction of route variant Service 284M, serving Clementi Ave 3 and Clementi MRT. 284’s operating hours amended to 0555 – 0859 & 1631 – 1959 hours on Mondays to Fridays. It does not operate on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays. 284M will operate outside of 284’s operating hours.
- 2011 (26 Nov): Resumes normal operating hours with the withdrawal of Service 284M (and opening of new Clementi Int)
- 2011 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (26 Jun): Operations handed over to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
External Links & References: