Go-Ahead Feeder Bus Service 359 is a Feeder service operating from Pasir Ris Interchange and looping at Pasir Ris Street 71 and Street 11, passing through Pasir Ris Drive 3, Drive 12 and Drive 1 . It operates as a dual-loop service, calling at Pasir Ris Interchange twice in a single trip.
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go-Ahead Singapore) took over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 18 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package. At the same time, Peak Period Short Service 359P was withdrawn.
- Service 359 buses will continue to the other loop at Pasir Ris Bus Interchange.
- Service 359T buses will terminate at Pasir Ris Int.
|Route||Pasir Ris Bus Interchange ↺ Pasir Ris Street 71 / Pasir Ris Street 11 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||West Loop:
Pasir Ris Drive 3, Pasir Ris Drive 12, Pasir Ris Drive 10
Pasir Ris Street 51
|Route Length||12.7 km|
|Traveling Time||55 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore
(Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
||0530hrs – 0050hrs (Daily)|
|0630 – 0830: 05 – 08 mins
0831 – 1659: 07 – 10 mins
1700 – 1900: 05 – 08 mins
After 1900: 05 – 13 mins
Feeder Service 359 serves residents and schools around Pasir Ris Neighbourhoods 5, 6 and 7 on the West Loop, and Neighbourhoods 1, 2 and 5 on the East Loop, connecting both ends with Pasir Ris Town Centre.
A full trip of Service 359 will first ply the West Loop (via Pasir Ris Street 71) followed by the East Loop (via Pasir Ris Street 11), while calling at Pasir Ris Interchange between loops. Terminating trips will display as Service 359T to indicate that the bus will no longer continue its journey after reaching Pasir Ris Interchange. In which case, commuters can either change buses at Pasir Ris Interchange or wait for the next non-terminating trip.
At Pasir Ris Interchange, different boarding berths are used for the West (Berth B7) and East (Berth B6) loops. Passengers should check the service direction before boarding the bus.
The Townlink branding for Service 359 was dropped in August 2018.
In 2014, a Peak Period Short Service (PPSS) variant of this route, 359P, was introduced. It duplicates the entire of 359′s East loop and operates during the Weekday peak hours, operating with private buses. The service was withdrawn from 19 Sep 2016 as part of the Changes to PPSS in Sep 2016.
MRT Stations Served
- EW1 Pasir Ris
- Pasir Ris Interchange ↺ Pasir Ris Street 11 (East Loop)
0530hrs, 0542hrs (Weekdays/Saturdays)
0545hrs, 0556hrs (Sundays/PHs)
- 1997 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1997 (19 Jan): Introduced from the merger of Feeder 351 and Feeder 355.
- 1998 (06 Sep): Amended to ply Pasir Ris Street 51, in the direction towards Pasir Ris St 11, covering additional of 3 bus stops in both directions (B01 – B06)
- 2010 (28 Feb): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2018 (12 Aug): Townlink branding dropped, re-branded as a Feeder Bus Service.
External Links and References: