Go-Ahead Feeder Bus Service 386 is a residential feeder route connecting Punggol Bus Interchange & MRT to Edgefield Plains, Edgedale Plains, and Punggol East, looping at Punggol Central. This is the thirtieth (30th) bus service to be rolled out under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
↺ Punggol Ctrl (Loop)
- At Edgefield Plains (End), commuters heading towards Punggol East should board Bus Service 386 at Bus Stop 65391 – Blk 672A, while commuters heading towards Punggol Temp Int should board at the opposite bus stop at Bus Stop 65399 – Blk 670A.
- At Edgedale Plains (End), commuters heading towards Punggol East should board Bus Service 386 at Bus Stop 65371 – Blk 682A, while commuters heading towards Punggol Temp Int should board at the opposite bus stop at Bus Stop 65379 – Blk 661A.
|Route||Punggol Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Punggol Central (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Punggol Drive, Edgefield Plains, Edgedale Plains, Punggol East|
|Route Length||9.3 km|
|Travelling Time||32 – 38 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol
|05:45 – 00:35|
||7 – 8 mins||10 – 15 mins||7 – 10 mins||7 – 15 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Originally introduced on 17 August 2014 and looping at Edgefield Plains as the 30th BSEP Bus Service, Bus Service 386’s route was extended to loop at Punggol East (Riveria Station) on 14 February 2015 as the 37th Bus Service to be enhanced under BSEP. Free rides were offered on the day of route extension.
On 24 April 2016, the route was extended to Edgedale Plains (End) to serve newly completed Build-to-Order (BTO) estates,Waterway View and Waterway Sundew. This route extension however, did not count towards the 80 Bus Services planned to be introduced/enhanced under BSEP.
Apart from existing housing developments around Punggol Central and Punggol Drive, the route serves new Built-to-Order (BTO) flats at the far end of Edgefield Plains, Waterway Banks and Waterway Ridges.
Buses at Edgefield Plains and Edgedale Plains will call at separate bus stops depending on their direction of travel. Passengers heading towards Punggol East should board the bus from the bus stop outside Blk 672A and outside Blk 682A respectively, while others heading towards Punggol MRT Station & Bus Interchange should board the bus from the bus stop outside Blk 670A and Blk 661A respectively instead.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Punggol MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by Go-Ahead Singapore closer to these dates.
Bus Service 386 provides direct bus connections to for the following groups of commuters:
- Residents of estates along Punggol Central, Edgefield Plains & Edgedale Plains
Direct Bus Connection to/from Punggol MRT and amenities at Punggol East.
Bus Service 386 also serves the following amenities along its route:
- HDB Estates
- Waterway Banks
- Waterway Ridges
- Waterway Sundew
- Waterway View
- Waterway Woodcress
- Punggol Secondary School
- Oasis Primary School
- Horizon Primary School
- Greendale Primary School
- Greendale Secondary School
- Edgefield Primary School
- Shopping Centres:
- Punggol Plaza
- Waterway Point
- Punggol 21 Community Centre
- Central Christian Church
2015 Service Extension
The service extension was celebrated with a lion dance performance, followed by a ribbon-cutting ceremony by Ms Penny Low, Member of Parliament (MP) for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC, at the bus stop outside Punggol Plaza (Punggol Field – Opp Blk 126A) on the morning of 14 February 2015. Two buses, SBS6366G and SBS6530Z, were chartered for this event to ply the full 386 extended route with MP and residents onboard.
2016 Route Extension to Edgedale Plains (End):
Main Article: Route Extension of Bus 386 along Edgedale Plains
MRT / LRT Stations Served
Short Trip Service
- Service 386A: Punggol Temp Int → Edgedale Plains (Blk 682A)
Weekdays (except Public Holidays): 17:03 – 20:15
- Punggol Central (Blk 162B) → Punggol Temp Int
Weekdays & Saturdays: 05:25, 05:38 & 05:51
Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:45
- Edgedale Plains (Blk 661A) → Punggol Temp Int
Weekdays: 06:02, 06:31, 07:00, 07:31, 07:58, 08:26 & 09:05
Gallery (SBS Transit):
Posters & Misc:
- 17 Aug 2014 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd (formerly known as Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2014 (17 Aug): Introduced between Punggol Temp Int and Edgefield Plains (Loop) under the LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (29 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (06 Feb): Original date of extension to Punggol East brought forward from 15 Feb to 14 Feb.
- 2015 (14 Feb): Extended to loop at Punggol Ctrl
- 2016 (24 Apr): Extended to ply the northern end of Edgedale Plains
- 2016 (04 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
Back to Bus Services