Premium Bus Service 530 is a Premium service operated by EML Transport Service from River Valley Road to Shenton Way. The route passes through Shenton Way and Church Street, operating one trip in the morning.
Premium 530 was withdrawn in 2021.
||River Valley Rd (Opp Valley Pt) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)|
|Passes Through||Church St|
|Travelling Time||36 mins|
|Current Operator||EML Transport Service Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from River Valley Rd
||0830hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Fare||Flat Fare: $4.50|
Premium 530 serves the private estates and condominiums around River Valley with bus connections to Shenton Way, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. At the same time, SMRT Bus Service 970 also offers connections between some parts of River Valley and Shenton Way, taking a slightly longer route.
At 7.1km, Premium 530 was one of the shortest Premium services to serve the Shenton Way corridor. The steep fares as compared to other Premium services indicate that the route is pitching itself against taxis and private modes of transport.
With the takeover of operations by EML Transport Service Pte Ltd in August 2016, the route was extended to start from Opp Redhill MRT Station before serving River Valley. The number of trips operated was also reduced to 1 AM trip departing Redhill at 0820hrs from the 2 AM trips that SMRT used to operate with.
Subsequently, an additional AM trip was added with the departure timings revised to 0810 & 0825. Thereafter, the Premium Service was cut back to start at River Valley Road instead of Redhill MRT Station, with the departure timing revised to 0830hrs.
- From River Valley Rd (Opp Valley Pt): 0830hrs
Weekdays, Except Public Holidays
Flat fare of $4.50.
- 30 Jul 2007 – 26 Aug 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 Aug 2016 – 2021: EML Transport Service Pte Ltd
- 2007 (30 Jul): Introduced as a Premium Service from River Valley Road → Shenton Way. Charges a flat fare of $3.00, with two morning peak departures at 0820hrs and 0835hrs.
- ? – Fare revision to $3.50
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revision to $4.50
- 2016 (29 Aug): Operations transferred to EML Transport Services, route extended to start from Redhill & trips reduced from 2 to 1.
- ? – Additional AM Trip, AM trips revised to 0810 & 0825hrs
- ? – Reduction in AM Trip to 1, Route cut to start from River Valley Road with departure at 0830hrs.
- 2021: Service Withdrawn