Premium Bus Service 557 was a Premium service operated by Commute Solutions from Choa Chu Kang Drive to Temasek Boulevard. The route passes through Choa Chu Kang Ave 3/5/6/1/7, Bukit Batok Road, AYE, Cecil Street and Marina Boulevard, operating one trip in the morning.
Premium 557 was officially discontinued in January 2021.
||Choa Chu Kang Dr (Aft Blk 202) → Temasek Blvd (Suntec Twr Two)|
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang Ave 3/5/1/7, Bukit Batok Rd, Cecil St, Marina Blvd|
|Travelling Time||66 mins|
|Former Operator||Commute Solutions Group Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang Dr
||0740hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Fare||EZ Link / NETS Flashpay Card: $5.30 | Cash: $7.00
Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Premium 557 serves the housing estates of Choa Chu Kang with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It provides a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT or other bus routes to reach the city. SMRT’s Express 982E, introduced under the Bus Services Enhancement Programme (BSEP), also covers the CCK – CBD route, but charges only express fares.
Operations for this route was transferred to Commute Solutions from SBS Transit on 15 September 2014, with a route extension to Suntec City.
From 22 September 2016, the catchment area in Choa Chu Kang for Premium 557 was amended.
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- From Aft Blk 202, Choa Chu Kang Dr: 0740hrs
- EZ-Link card / NETS Flashpay: $5.30
- Cash: $7.00
- 2008 (25 Feb): Introduced as a Premium Service from Choa Chu Kang Ave 3 → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0745hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street from Robinson Rd
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.80
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.50
- 2014 (12 Sep): Last day of operations for SBS Transit
- 2014 (15 Sep): Operator transferred to Commute Solutions. Route amended to serve Marina Boulevard and Suntec City, skipping Fullerton Road.
- 2016 (22 Sep): Route amendment in Choa Chu Kang Town
- 2017 (03 Jan): Fare revised to $4.80 by Card and $7.00 by cash
- ?: Extended along Bukit Batok Rd
- 2021 (04 Jan): Withdrawn
- 25 Feb 2008 – 12 Sep 2014: SBS Transit Ltd
- 15 Sep 2014 – Jan 2021: Commute Solutions LLP