SMRT Express Service 982E is a peak hour Express service between Choa Chu Kang and Marina Bay, passing through Teck Whye Avenue, AYE and Shenton Way. It is the eighth bus service introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||[AM]: Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 (Blk 483) → Marina Boulevard (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Boulevard (Marina Bay Stn) → Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 (Blk 489A)
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang Ave 4, Choa Chu Kang Way, Teck Whye Ave, Robinson Rd / Shenton Way|
|Route Length||Towards Marina Blvd: 26.3 km||Towards Choa Chu Kang Ave 5: 26.5 km|
|Travelling Time||75 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12 metre Double Deck Bus
– MAN A95
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang Ave 5
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays
|07:30 – 07:45|
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|18:15 – 18:30|
|From Choa Chu Kang Ave 5
|From Central Blvd
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
Express 982E provides residents of Choa Chu Kang with greater connectivity to Shenton Way and Marina Bay. By running parallel to existing rail lines, the service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network to and from work in the Central areas. The route incorporates an express sector between Bukit Batok Road and Anson Road / Shenton Way via Jurong Town Hall Road, Ayer Rajah Expressway and Keppel Road.
This is the eighth bus service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented. As such, buses operating on this route are funded under the BSEP.
Route Extension along Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5
The extension for Service 982E to Keat Hong Close with 2 new pairs of bus stops was supposed to start from Monday, 16 Feb 2015 under the BSEP. However, on 10 Feb 2015, the extension was postponed along with the planned introduction on Services 301, 983 and amendment to Service 300.
The revised extension of Service 982E effective from 27 Apr 2015 covers an additional pair of bus stops along the extended Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 only, without the bus stops along Keat Hong Close as residential apartments in the area are still under construction.
MRT / LRT Stations Served
Weekdays, except Public Holidays
- Morning Peak from Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 (Opp Blk 489A):
07:30 & 07:45
- Evening Peak from Central Boulevard (Marina Bay Stn):
18:15 & 18:30
- 2013 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 2013 (18 Mar): Introduced between Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 (Blk 483) and Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr) during morning peak hours and between Central Blvd (Aft Marina Stn Rd) and Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 (Opp Blk 486) during evening peak hours as a peak hour one-directional service on weekdays under the LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (01 Dec): Serves new bus stop outside Downtown Stn along Central Blvd
- 2014 (17 Feb): Morning departures re-timed from 0740hrs and 0750hrs to 0730hrs and 0745hrs; Serves 3 additional pairs of bus stops outside and opposite Blk 26 along Choa Chu Kang Rd, outside and opposite Bt Batok Fire Stn and before and after Bt Batok West Ave 5 along Bt Batok Rd
- 2014 (29 Sep): Marina South Area Route Amendments: Evening trips of 982E towards Choa Chu Kang begins from the relocated bus stop 03539 Marina Bay Station along Central Blvd
- 2015 (02 Feb): Route extension to Keat Hong Close announced, effective 16 Feb 2015. Proposed extension subsequently postponed to April 2015
- 2015 (27 Apr): Extended to serve an additional pair of bus stops outside and opposite Blk 489A along Choa Chu Kang Ave 5, without serving stops along Keat Hong Close
- 2017 (17 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures.
Changes in Departure Times:
|Effective Date||Morning Peak Timings||Evening Peak Timings|
|18 Mar 2013||07:40 & 07:50||18:15 & 18:30|
|17 Feb 2014||07:30 & 07:45||18:15 & 18:30|