SMRT Feeder Bus Service 301 is a Feeder service operating from Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange and looping at Keat Hong Close, passing through Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3 and 5.
↺ Keat Hong Close (Loop)
|Route||Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↺ Keat Hong Close (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang Way, Choa Chu Kang Ave 2, Choa Chu Kang Ave 5|
|Route Length||5.5 km|
|Travelling Time||30 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|18-metre Articulated Bus:
– MAN A24
|Departure Times from Choa Chu Kang
||Weekdays||Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays
|05:30 – 01:05||05:45 – 01:05|
|Loop Service||6:30am–8.30am||8.31am–4.59pm||5.00pm–7.00pm||After 7.00pm|
|6 – 8 mins||6 – 9 mins||6 – 8 mins||7 – 10 mins|
|Fare||Charges distance fares capped at 3.2km for feeder services.
Service 301 provides residents of Choa Chu Kang Neighborhoods 2 and 4 with greater connectivity to transport nodes at Choa Chu Kang Town Centre, namely Choa Chu Kang MRT/LRT station and Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange. It also serves other amenities in the neighborhood, such as Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall and Sunshine Place. It is the thirty-ninth (39th) service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), as well as the sixth feeder bus service.
It benefits residents of newly-built residential developments in the Choa Chu Kang Ave 5/ Choa Chu Kang Ave 6 area, namely the HDB Bulit-to-Order (BTO) developments of Sunshine Gardens, Keat Hong Crest and Keat Hong Pride.
During Eves of Public Holidays, as well as MRT Early Closure affecting Choa Chu Kang MRT Station, operating hours will be extended. Exact last bus hours are announced by SMRT Buses closer to these dates.
Original Proposed Route
Originally intended to be launched on 15 Feb 2015 as the thirty-seventh (37th) BSEP-introduced bus service, negative feedback from Choa Chu Kang residents led to the postponing of the launch along with the accompanying Service 983 introduction and Service 300 amendment. The route was subsequently revised to its present form.
Originally proposed to ply via Choa Chu Kang Ave 3, the modified routing of Service 301 now plies along Choa Chu Kang Ave 2, making use of the new bus stops built along Choa Chu Kang Ave 2 for the then proposed Service 300G/W which was cancelled.
MRT / LRT Station Served
- NS4BP1 Choa Chu Kang
- Choa Chu Kang Ave 3 (Sunshine Pl) → Choa Chu Kang Int
Weekdays: Between 05:15 – 05:37
Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays: Between 05:15 – 05:52
- 2015 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang–Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 2015 (02 Feb): Announced as a feeder service from Choa Chu Kang to Keat Hong Close under LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), to commence service from 15 Feb 2015
- 2015 (10 Feb): Service introduction delayed to Early April 2015 following feedback from Choa Chu Kang residents to SMRT & LTA
- 2015 (25 Apr): Introduced between Choa Chu Kang Int and Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 (Loop) under the LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (14 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (03 Jan): Amended to loop at Keat Hong Close
- 2018 (16 Dec): Amended to relocated Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange
- 2019 (05 Oct): Last bus timing from Choa Chu Kang amended from 00:55 to 01:05