Go-Ahead Bus Service 82 is a trunk service plying between Punggol Temp Int and looping at Serangoon Central, passing through Sengkang, Hougang and Kovan.
↺ Serangoon Ctrl (Loop)
|Route||Punggol Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Serangoon Central (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Punggol Rd, Hougang Ave 10, Upp Serangoon Rd|
|Route Length||17.5 km|
|Travelling Time||85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol
|05:15 – 00:30|
|Departure Times from S’goon Stn Exit B
||Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays / Public Holidays|
|05:45 – 00:56||05:39 – 00:54||05:45 – 01:00|
|Loop Service||12 – 13 mins||13 – 14 mins||11 mins||13 – 16 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 82 connects the residential towns of Serangoon, Kovan, Hougang, Sengkang and Punggol. Largely duplicating the North-East Line (NEL), this route primarily serves housing blocks along Punggol Road and Hougang Avenue 10 with connections to various NEL stations. Much of this route is remnant of its former routing which stretched all the way to World Trade Centre (now HarbourFront). In 2011, the route was amended to loop at Serangoon from Punggol to lack of space in the new Serangoon Interchange.
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 1995: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1995 – 1999: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 1999 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd (formerly known as Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced as part of the 1971 Bus Reorganization, plying between Punggol Ter and Prince Edward Ter and operated by Associated Bus Services.
- 1972 (18 Jun): Amended to ply Bendemeer Rd towards Prince Edward Ter with the conversion of Serangoon Rd to one-way traffic.
- 1973: Operated by Singapore Bus Services (SBS).
- 1974 (08 Dec): Amended to ply the extended Robinson Rd, skipping Market St.
- 1976 (15 Feb): Serves new staggered bus stop between Bank of India and Hong Leong Holdings along Robinson Rd.
- 1976 (14 Mar): Serves new staggered bus stop outside The Cenotaph along Connaught Dr, skipping the bus stop opposite Singapore Cricket Club.
- 1978 (15 Jan): Amended to ply Jln Sultan, skipping Sumbawa Rd.
- 1987 (28 Jun): Amended to Shenton Way Ter.
- 1990 (24 Jun): Serves additional bus stop opposite Hong Wen Sch along Victoria St.
- 1992 (29 Mar): Amended to ply Hougang Ave 10 and Hougang Ave 2 under TransitLink Network Integration Exercise Phase 6, skipping Hougang Ave 8.
- 1994 (03 Jul): Amended to ply Crawford St towards Punggol Ter.
- 1995 (17 Dec): Operations transferred to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS).
- 1998: Skips 2 pairs of abolished bus stops outside and opposite Punggol Mkt and opposite and after Lor Cheng Lim along Punggol Rd.
- 1999 (29 Aug): Operations transferred back to Singapore Bus Services (SBS).
- 1999: Skips abolished bus stop opposite St. Anne’s Ch along Punggol Rd.
- 1999: Serves reinstated bus stop outside Blk 298A along Punggol Rd.
- 2000: Serves new bus stop after Shenton Way along Palmer Rd.
- 2000 (10 Jun): Serves reinstated bus stop outside Blk 190C along Punggol Rd.
- 2002: Calls at a new pair of bus stops after Sommerville Rd and after Sunshine Lodge along Upp Serangoon Rd.
- 2003 (20 Jun): Serves new pair of bus stops (60261 / 60269) along Upp Serangoon Rd.
- 2003: Skips temporarily abolished bus stop opposite Punggol Port Rd along Punggol Rd.
- 2003 (07 Dec): Amended to start from Serangoon Int, loop at Punggol Rd and amended to ply Punggol Field, Punggol Pl and Punggol Central under North East MRT Line Rationalisation Phase 3.
- 2010 (05 Dec): Serves reinstated bus stop (65099) along Punggol Rd.
- 2011 (03 Sep): Amended to start from Punggol Temp Int and loop at Serangoon Central with the opening of Serangoon Integrated Transport Hub.
- 2013 (31 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (04 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. Daily first bus timing amended to 05:15 from 05:30.