Go-Ahead Bus Service 84 is a trunk service plying between Punggol Interchange and looping at Punggol Road End, passing through Punggol Central and Punggol Road. It is operated by Go-Ahead Singapore since 4 Sep 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
From 26 August 2018, Service 84 will be amended to Sentul Crescent and Punggol Way following the closure of a section Punggol Road. It will then serve Sam Kee, Nibong, Samudera and Punggol Point LRT stations.
|From 26 Aug 2018
Bus Service 84: Punggol ↺ Punggol Road (Loop)
||Looping at Punggol Rd
||Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Punggol Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Punggol Central|
|Route Length||5.6 km|
|Travelling Time||15 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore
(Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol
||0530 – 0035 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 10 mins
0831-1659: 10 mins
1700-1900: 10 mins
After 1900: 10 – 15 mins
Service 84 is a short route linking Punggol Road and surrounding residential areas up North with Punggol Interchange and MRT. Small residential communities around Punggol Seventeenth and Twenty-fourth Avenue also benefit from this route. It is also presently the sole bus service to Punggol Road End, serving the Punggol Point jetty, Punggol Ranch and The Punggol Settlement. Demand for this service is high during the weekends and on public holidays.
From 26 August 2018, Service 84 will be amended to Sentul Crescent and Punggol Way following the closure of Punggol Road. It will then serve Sam Kee, Nibong, Samudera and Punggol Point LRT stations.
When Service 84 was taken over by Go-Ahead Singapore on 04 Sep 2016, it was incorrectly declared as a wheelchair-accessible bus service based on the Service 84 Service Guide printed by the operator. It was officially declared a wheelchair-accessible bus service from 16 Jul 2017.
SBS Transit’s sole Volvo B10BLE Demonstrator unit, SBS1688K, used to operate on this service until its retirement in Jan 2015.
MRT / LRT Stations served by this route:
- 03 Sep 2011 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2011 (03 Sep): Introduced between Punggol Int and Punggol Road End (Loop), replacing part of Service 82 which was amended to ply between Punggol Interchange and Serangoon Central (Loop). Route number re-used for the third time.
- 2014: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2017 (16 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (26 Aug): Amended to Sentul Cres, Sumang Link & Punggol Way following the partial closure of Punggol Road
- Refer to this article
- 2018: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2018.