Go-Ahead Bus Service 84 is a trunk service plying between Punggol Interchange and Punggol Road End, passing through Punggol Central, Sentul Crescent, Punggol Way and Punggol Road.
↺ Punggol Rd End (Loop)
|Route||Punggol Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Punggol Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Punggol Ctrl, Sentul Cres, Punggol Way, Northshore Dr|
|Route Length||8.8 km|
|Travelling Time||36 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol||Daily|
|05:30 – 00:35|
|Loop Service||12 mins||12 – 13 mins||12 mins||14 – 15 mins|
|Fare||Charges regular distance fares
Service 84 links Punggol Road and surrounding residential areas in Northshore with Punggol Interchange and MRT Station. Small residential communities around Punggol Seventeenth and Twenty-fourth Avenue also benefit from this route. It is also presently the sole bus service to Punggol Road End, serving the Punggol Point jetty, Punggol Ranch and The Punggol Settlement. Demand for this service is high during the weekends and on public holidays.
Following the closure of a section Punggol Road in August 2018, Service 84 was amended to serve Sentul Crescent, Sumang Link and Punggol Way via Sam Kee, Nibong, Samudera and Punggol Point LRT stations.
Future Amendment to New Punggol Road
With the conversion of old Punggol Road into a heritage trail, bus service 84 would be amended to loop at New Punggol Road in the future, with bus stop 65139 – Punggol Rd End along Punggol Rd to be abolished. It will also serve 2 new bus stops (65691 & 65699) along New Punggol Road as per the Travel Guide for Punggol Point Woods housing estate residents released by the Land Transport Authority in September 2023.
When Service 84 was taken over by Go-Ahead Singapore on 04 Sep 2016, it was incorrectly declared as a wheelchair-accessible bus service based on the Service 84 Service Guide printed by the operator. It was officially declared a wheelchair-accessible bus service from 16 Jul 2017.
SBS Transit’s sole Volvo B10BLE Demonstrator unit, SBS1688K, used to operate on this service until its retirement in Jan 2015.
MRT / LRT Stations Served
- Punggol Rd (Blk 604A) → Punggol Temp Int
Saturdays & Sundays / Public Holidays: 05:45
Gallery (SBS Transit):
- 03 Sep 2011 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 – Present: Go Ahead Singapore Pte Ltd (formerly known as Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2011 (03 Sep): Introduced between Punggol Int and Punggol Road End (Loop), replacing part of Service 82 which was amended to ply between Punggol Interchange and Serangoon Central (Loop). Route number re-used for the third time.
- 2014: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2017 (16 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (26 Aug): Amended to Sentul Cres, Sumang Link & Punggol Way following the partial closure of Punggol Road
- 2020 (23 Feb): Amended to Northshore Drive following the partial closure of Punggol Way & Punggol Road