Tower Transit Express Bus Service 97e is an express route between Jurong East and Marina Centre, passing through AYE, Alexandra, HarbourFront, Shenton Way, Bayfront and Suntec City. This bus service calls at limited stops along the parent route – Service 97.
Service 97e serves the relocated Jurong East Bus Interchange & skips Jurong East Central from 6 December 2020.
- – Wheelchair Inaccessible Bus Stop
- No Boarding & Alighting at Marina Centre Terminal
|Route||[AM]: Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange → Marina Centre Bus Terminal
[PM]: Marina Centre Bus Terminal → Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange
|Passes Through||AYE, Alexandra Rd, Telok Blangah Rd, Keppel Rd, Marina Blvd, Central Blvd, Bayfront Ave, Temasek Blvd|
|Route Length||Towards Marina Centre: 21.6 km||Towards Jurong East: 23.1 km|
|Traveling Time||67 – 74 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
(Tower Transit Singapore)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single-Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|07:36 – 08:24|
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
||Weekdays, except Public Holidays|
|18:06 – 18:54|
|From Jurong East
|From Marina Centre
|Fare||Charges express distance fares
Bus Service 97e is a Limited-stop Express Bus Service which offers quicker journeys for commuters living at Jurong East and Clementi, linking them with industries at Alexandra, HarbourFront and the City areas of Shenton Way, Bayfront and Marina Centre. Operating during the peak hours, it plies the exact same route as its parent Bus Service 97, but only calls at selected bus stops along its route.
The service was first introduced by SBS Transit in January 2005, then branded Fast-Forward and the first Fast-Forward service to be introduced, touting shorter journey times for peak hour commuters and the use of the lowercase e as the service suffix. For a three-month period starting in February 2005, passengers on each trip were offered a complimentary copy of The Business Times every morning.
Owing to the success of 97e, SBS Transit subsequently introduced 8 more Fast-Forward services to benefit other trunk routes.
In June 2016, operations for Fast Forward 97e was transferred to Tower Transit under the Bus Contracting Model, and the service was rebranded to an Express Service.
MRT Stations Served
- EW24NS1 Jurong East
- CC28 Telok Blangah
- NE1CC29 Harbourfront
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- DT17 Downtown
- NS27CE2 Marina Bay
- CE1DT16 Bayfront
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
Weekdays (except Public Holidays)
- Morning Peak from Jurong East Temp Int:
07:36, 07:48, 08:00, 08:12 & 08:24
- Evening Peak from Marina Centre Ter:
18:06, 18:18, 18:30, 18:42 & 18:54
- Bus Service 97: Jurong East ↔ Marina Centre
- 03 Jan 2005 – 10 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 13 Jun 2016 – Present: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 2005 (03 Jan): Introduced between Jurong East Int and Fullerton Rd (Fullerton Sq) during morning peak hours and between Collyer Quay (Clifford Pier) and Jurong East Int during evening peak hours as a peak hour one-directional Fast Forward service on weekdays.
- 2005 (12 Jun): Serves new bus stop outside Science Park along AYE.
- 2006 (29 Oct): Serves new bus stop outside VivoCity and additional bus stop opposite VivoCity along Telok Blangah Rd.
- 2009 (23 Feb): Extended to terminate at Raffles Ave (The Esplanade) for morning peak trips and start from Temasek Blvd (Suntec Convention Ctr) for evening peak trips;
Serves additional pair of bus stops outside Blk 44 and opposite Blk 45 along Telok Blangah Rd.
- 2010 (26 Apr): Amended to Marina Ctr Ter.
- 2011 (17 Dec): Amended to Jurong East Temp Int.
- 2013 (01 Dec): Serves new bus stop (03529) along Central Blvd
- 2015 (28 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (13 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- 2020 (08 Apr – 01 Jun): Temporarily suspended due to Singapore COVID-19 Circuit Breaker Measures
- 2020 (06 Dec): Amended to relocated Jurong East Int, skipping Jurong East Ctrl