Tower Transit Express Bus Service 97e is a Express variant of Service 97, which plies between Jurong East and Marina Centre during the weekday peak hours. It passes through AYE, Alexandra, HarbourFront, Shenton Way, Bayfront and Suntec City. The bus service calls at limited stops along the parent route.
Tower Transit Singapore has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit since 12 June 2016 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- No boarding and alighting at Marina Centre Terminal
||Jurong East Temporary Bus Interchange ⇄ Marina Centre Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||AYE, Alexandra Rd, Telok Blangah Rd, Keppel Rd, Marina Blvd, Central Blvd, Bayfront Ave, Temasek Blvd|
|Route Length||21.8 km (D1) | 23.2 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||67 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit Singapore
(Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– MAN A22
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||0736 – 0824 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
||1806 – 1854 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|AM Peak: 12 mins||PM Peak: 12 mins|
Bus Service 97e is a Limited-stop Express Bus Service which offers quicker journeys for commuters living at Jurong East and Clementi, linking them with industries at Alexandra, HarbourFront and the City areas of Shenton Way, Bayfront and Marina Centre. Operating during the peak hours, it plies the exact same route as its parent Bus Service 97, but only calls at selected bus stops along its route. As a result, it also charges express fares.
The service was first introduced by SBS Transit in January 2005, then branded Fast-Forward and the first Fast-Forward service to be introduced, touting shorter journey times for peak hour commuters and the use of the lowercase e as the service suffix. For a three-month period starting in February 2005, passengers on each trip were offered a complimentary copy of The Business Times every morning.
Owing to the success of 97e, SBS Transit subsequently introduced 8 more Fast-Forward services to benefit other trunk routes.
- Weekdays AM Peak from Jurong East:
0736, 0748, 0800, 0812, 0824
- Weekdays PM Peak from Marina Ctr:
1806, 1818, 1830, 1842, 1854
MRT Stations Served
- EW24NS1 Jurong East
- CC27 Labrador Park
- CC28 Telok Blangah
- NE1CC29 Harbourfront
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- DT17 Downtown
- NS27CE2 Marina Bay
- CE1DT16 Bayfront
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC4DT15 Promenade
- Tower Transit Bus Service 97
Jurong East ↔ Marina Centre
- 03 Jan 2005 – 10 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 13 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package.
- 2005 (03 Jan): Introduced between Jurong East and Fullerton Road to provide a faster travel between places where there is a high demand by calling at fewer stops.
- 2009 (23 Feb): Calls at additional bus stop along Telok Blangah Rd (Blk 45), also extended from Fullerton Rd to Marina Centre via Esplanade Dr, Temasek Blvd, Temasek Ave and Raffles Ave. AM Peak trips from Jurong East end at Raffles Ave, while PM Peak trips from Temasek Blvd end at Jurong East.
- 2010 (26 Apr): Amended to Marina Bay Sands via Robinson Rd, Marina Blvd, Bayfront Ave & terminating at Marina Centre Terminal via Temasek Ave, Temasek Blvd & Raffles Blvd. In its return trip, it uses Raffles Ave, Temasek Blvd, Temasek Ave, Bayfront Ave & Central Blvd towards Shenton Way, skipping 5 bus stops along Robinson Rd, Fullerton Rd, Esplanade Dr, Collyer Quay & Raffles Quay. The bus stop skipped along Robinson Rd (Opp AIA Twr) will be replaced by (Opp The Ogilvy Ctr).
- 2013 (01 Dec): Calls at a new bus stop (03529 Downtown Stn) along Central Blvd
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: Bus stop 03539 along Central Blvd relocated
- 2015 (28 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (13 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- 2005: No significant route changes since introduction
External Links & References: