SMRT Bus Parallel Service BPS1 is a unidirectional weekday peak hours trunk service from Segar Road to Choa Chu Kang Interchange, via Jelapang, Senja and KJE in the morning and vice versa in the evening from Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall, supplementing the Bukit Panjang LRT during peak hours.
||[AM] Segar Road (Blk 457) →Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange
[PM] Choa Chu Kang Ave 4 (Lot 1/Choa Chu Kang Stn) → Segar Road (Blk 485)
|Passes Through||Jelapang, Senja, KJE|
|Route Length||5.4 km (D1) | 4.9 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||25 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Segar Rd
||0630hrs – 0830hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Departure Times from CCK Ave 4
||1800hrs – 1940hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|20 mins||20 mins|
Service BPS1 is a uni-directional LRT supplementary bus service that offers commuters an additional travel option from Bukit Panjang to Choa Chu Kang Interchange during morning peak hours on weekdays, and vice versa during evening peak hours. During PM Peak, the service starts from Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall, outside Choa Chu Kang Int instead of from Choa Chu Kang Int.
BPS1 was introduced as a measure to reduce peak hour crowding on the Bukit Panjang LRT network by providing an alternative travel route for residents at Segar, Jelapang and Senja to Choa Chu Kang Interchange and subsequently vice versa from 21 Sep 2015.
- AM Peak from Segar Rd: 0630, 0650, 0710, 0730, 0750, 0810, 0830
- PM Peak from Choa Chu Kang Ave 4: 1800, 1820, 1840, 1900, 1920, 1940
MRT/LRT Stations Served:
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 2011 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 2011 (25 Oct): Introduced from Segar Road to Choa Chu Kang Interchange as a unidirectional AM peak hour route
- 2015 (21 Sep): Enhanced to operate during Weekdays PM Peak, in reverse direction from Choa Chu Kang Ave 4 (Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall) to Segar Rd.
- 2017 (17 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (16 Dec): Calls at relocated Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange.
External Links & References: