SMRT Bus Parallel Service BPS1 was an unidirectional weekday peak hour trunk service from Segar Road to Choa Chu Kang Interchange, via Jelapang, Senja and KJE in the morning and vice versa in the evening from Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall, supplementing the Bukit Panjang LRT during peak hours.
Bus Service BPS1 was withdrawn with the introduction of SMRT Bus Service 976 from 10 November 2019.
The last day of service was on 8 November 2019.
||[AM] Segar Road (Blk 457) → Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange
[PM] Choa Chu Kang Ave 4 (Lot 1/Choa Chu Kang Stn) → Segar Road (Blk 485)
|Passes Through||Jelapang, Senja, KJE|
|Route Length||5.4 km (D1) | 4.9 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||25 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN A22
|Departure Times from Segar Rd
||0630hrs – 0830hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Departure Times from CCK Ave 4
||1800hrs – 1940hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|20 mins||20 mins|
Service BPS1 was a unidirectional LRT supplementary bus service that offered commuters an additional travel option from Bukit Panjang to Choa Chu Kang Interchange during morning peak hours on weekdays, and vice versa during evening peak hours. During PM Peak, the service starts from Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall, outside Choa Chu Kang Int instead of from Choa Chu Kang Int.
BPS1 was introduced in October 2011 as a means to reduce peak hour crowding on the Bukit Panjang LRT network, by providing an alternative travel route for residents at Segar, Jelapang and Senja to Choa Chu Kang MRT/Interchange. The evening peak routing was introduced from September 2015.
BPS1 was officially withdrawn starting from 10 November 2019, with the introduction of SMRT Bus Service 976 on the same day. The last day of service was on Friday, 8 November 2019.
- AM Peak from Segar Rd: 0630, 0650, 0710, 0730, 0750, 0810, 0830
- PM Peak from Choa Chu Kang Ave 4: 1800, 1820, 1840, 1900, 1920, 1940
MRT/LRT Stations Served:
Fare: Charges basic distance fares. See Bus Fares.
- 25 Oct 2011 – 8 Nov 2019: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 2011 (25 Oct): Introduced from Segar Road to Choa Chu Kang Interchange as a unidirectional AM peak hour route
- 2015 (21 Sep): Enhanced to operate during Weekdays PM Peak, in reverse direction from Choa Chu Kang Ave 4 (Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall) to Segar Rd.
- 2017 (17 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (16 Dec): Calls at relocated Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange.
- 2019 (8 Nov): Last day of service
- 2019 (10 Nov): Withdrawn with the introduction of SMRT Bus Service 976