Premium Bus Service 536 is a Premium service operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from Jurong West Avenue 3 to Beach Road. The route passes through Jurong West Street 91, Pioneer Road North, AYE, Cecil Street and Raffles Ave, operating two trips in the morning.
Premium Bus Service 536 was withdrawn on 19 Dec 2016. The last day of operations was on 16 Dec 2016.
|Route||Jurong West Avenue 3 (Opp Blk 276B) → Beach Rd (Opp Golden Mile Cplx)
|Passes Through||Pioneer Rd Nth, AYE, Cecil St|
|Travelling Time||65 mins|
|Current Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from Jurong West
||0730 – 0745 (Weekdays)|
- 2007 (16 Jul): Introduced as a Premium Service from Jurong West Street 91 → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0800hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.00.
- 2008 (21 Jul): Fare revised to $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (from Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (30 Jun): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.80
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.50
- 2016 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (15 Aug): Operations transferred to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd with extended route and additional trip. Wheelchair accessibility revoked.
- 2016 (16 Dec): Last day of operations
- 2016 (19 Dec): Route withdrawn.
Premium 536 serves housing estates around Jurong West Neighborhood 9 and Pioneer Road North with bus connections to the Central Business District (CBD), eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It is mildly popular with residents of Jurong West who already have convenient MRT connections to the city (via Feeder bus and Pioneer MRT).
With the takeover of operations by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from SBS Transit from 15 August 2016, the route for Premium 536 was extended on both ends. Premium 536 would additionally serve Jurong West Ave 5 & 3 as well as Temasek Blvd, Raffles Ave & Beach Road. An additional AM trip was also added to the route, bringing the total number of trips to two.
Jurong West Ave 5 & 3 is also served by City Direct 651 which provides a much cheaper and faster ride to Anson Road.
Departure Timings from Jurong West Ave 3:
- 0730hrs, 0745hrs
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.50. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
|From Jurong West Ave 3||To Beach Road|
- 16 Jul 2007 – 12 Aug 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 15 Aug 2016 – 16 Dec 2016: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd
- TransitLink E-guide
Back to Premium Bus Services
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles