City Direct Service 651 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct service between Jurong West and the CBD, passing through AYE, Shenton Way and Marina Bay. It is the first City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
Operations for City Direct Bus Service 651 has been transferred to Rui Feng Chartered Pte Ltd from 03 Oct 2016.
|City Direct 651:
Jurong West Ave 3 → Marina Blvd | Ctrl Blvd → Jurong West Ave 3
Towards Jurong West
||[AM]: Jurong West Avenue 3 (Opp Blk 276B) → Marina Boulevard (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Boulevard (Marina Bay Stn) → Jurong West Avenue 3 (Blk 276B)
|Passes Through||Jurong West Ave 5, Jurong West St 81|
|Route Length||26.0km (D1) | 26.2km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||75 mins|
|BCM Route Package||City Direct Bus Services|
|Current Operator||Rui Feng Chartered Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from Jurong West
||0730 – 0745 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd
||1815 – 1830 (Weekdays except Public Holidays), 2 Trips|
|15 mins||15 mins|
City Direct Service 651 provides residents of Jurong West with greater connectivity to the CBD. By running parallel to existing rail lines, the service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Jurong West Street 61 (near Pioneer MRT) and Anson Road/Shenton Way via Pioneer Road North and Ayer Rajah Expressway
This is the first City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), and one of ten proposed City Direct bus routes to be progressively introduced until the 2nd Quarter of 2014. This provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
On 3 Oct 2016, Rui Feng Chartered Pte Ltd took over operations from ComfortDelgro Bus Pte Ltd as the winning tenderer for this City Direct Service.
- AM Peak from Jurong West Avenue 3 (Opp Blk 276B): 0730hrs, 0745hrs
- PM Peak from Central Boulevard (Marina Bay Stn): 1815hrs, 1830hrs
Fares: Charges regular distance-based express fares. Calculate your bus fare using LTA’s fare calculator on MyTransport.sg here.
Fleet: Service 651′s fleet comprises of private buses
- 02 Sep 2013 – 30 Sep 2016: ComfortDelgo Bus Pte Ltd
- 03 Oct 2016 onwards: Rui Feng Chartered Pte Ltd
The operating license of this bus service will be renewed in 2018.
- 2013 (02 Sep): Introduced as a bidirectional AM/PM-Peak hour service from Jurong West to the CBD under the BSEP. Operates two trips on weekday mornings at 7:30am and 7:45am, and weekday evenings at 6:15pm and 6:30pm. Charges Distance-based flat fares.
- 2013 (01 Dec): Calls at a new bus stop (03529 Downtown Stn) along Central Blvd
- 2014 (06 Apr): Revised fares as part of the Public Transport Fare Adjustment 2014
- 2015 (23 Mar): Calls at new bus stop 03241 Anson Rd – Mapletree Anson instead of 03222 Anson Rd – Hub Synergy Point
- 2016 (18 Jan): City Direct 651 operating contract for ComfortDelgro Bus Pte Ltd extended by 1 year.
- 2016 (01 Aug): Tender for City Direct 651 awarded to Rui Feng Chartered Pte Ltd.
- 2016 (03 Oct): Operations transferred to Rui Feng Chartered Pte Ltd