Premium Bus Service 543 is a Premium service operated by Aedge Holdings from Jurong East Avenue 1 to Nicoll Highway. The route passes through Toh Guan Road, AYE and Cecil Street, operating three trips in the morning.
|Route||Jurong East Ave 1 (Blk 252) → Nicoll Highway (Opp Nicoll Highway Stn)
|Passes Through||Toh Guan Rd, AYE, Cecil St|
|Current Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Coaches|
|Departure Times from Jurong East Ave 1
||0745 – 0805 (Weekdays)|
|AM Peak: 10 mins|
- 2007 (16 Jul): Introduced by SBS Transit as a Premium Service from Jurong East Avenue 1 → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0800hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.00
- 2008 (21 Jul): Fare revised to $3.30
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.10
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (from Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (30 Jun): Fare reinstated to $3.30
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.50
- 2011 (28 Nov): Additional trip at 0750hrs
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.20
- 2016 (29 Feb): Operations transferred to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd, with an additional AM Trip and return trips from Beach Rd to Jln Boon Lay.
- ???: Reduced to 1 PM trip
- 2016 (08 Aug): PM Trips withdrawn
Premium 543 serves housing estates around Jurong East Neighborhood 2 (around Jurong East Ave 1 / Toh Guan Rd) with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It is a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT or other bus routes to reach the city.
In 2014, City Direct 657 was launched between Jurong East and Shenton Way, which reduced demand on this service as a cheaper alternative. Express 502 also serves the Toh Guan catchment areas to Shenton Way, but via Orchard Road.
Transfer of Operations to Aedge Holdings
From 29 Feb 2016, Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd took over operations for Premium 543. Trip timings were revised to 3 AM trips and the morning route was extended to Nicoll Highway. Additionally, 2 PM trips were introduced from Beach Rd back to Jurong East and West (1810hrs, 1825hrs), via Marina Blvd. These were subsequently reduced to 1 trip at 1825hrs and eventually withdrawn from 8 Aug 2016.
- AM from Jurong East Ave 1: 0745hrs, 0755hrs, 0805hrs
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.20. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Fleet: Premium 543 operates on private coaches from Aedge Holdings.
|From Jurong East||To Nicoll Highway|
- 16 Jul 2007 – 26 Feb 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 29 Feb 2016 onwards: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd