Shuttle 10, or the Canberra—Ang Mo Kio Shuttle Bus Service, is a Rail Replacement Service plying between Canberra and Ang Mo Kio, serving en-route North South Line (NSL) stations.
The route will be activated to operate on Fridays and Saturdays in February & March 2020, when shortened operating hours are implemented on the NSL to facilitate track maintenance and renewal work.
The Shuttle Bus Service serves the following MRT Stations:
- NS12 Canberra
- NS13 Yishun
- NS14 Khatib
- NS15 Yio Chu Kang
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
|Shuttle 10: Canberra—Ang Mo Kio Shuttle Bus Service|
|Direction 1 – Towards Ang Mo Kio
||Direction 2 – Towards Canberra
||Canberra MRT ↔ Ang Mo Kio MRT
|Passes Through||Yishun, Khatib, Yio Chu Kang MRT stations|
|Travelling Time||20 – 25 mins|
|Operators||SBS Transit Ltd
SMRT Buses Ltd & Task Force 50 Bus Captains
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Canberra
||11.05pm – 12.58am (Early Closure on Affected Fridays & Saturdays)|
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio
||11.05pm – 12.43am (Early Closure on Affected Fridays & Saturdays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|3 – 5 mins||3 – 5 mins|
The Shuttle Bus Service will only operate on selected Fridays and Saturdays in February & March 2020.
- On days of Early Closure:
– 7 & 8 February 2020 (Fri & Sat)
– 21 & 22 February 2020 (Fri & Sat)
– 28 & 29 February 2020 (Fri & Sat)
– 6 & 7 March 2020 (Fri & Sat)
– 13 & 14 March 2020 (Fri & Sat)
– 20 & 21 March 2020 (Fri & Sat)
– 27 & 28 March 2020 (Fri & Sat)
buses will operate from the start time of the early closure till the stipulated last bus timings below.
Shuttle Bus Departure Timings from Stations
History of Activation
|Shuttle 10 Activation:|
|June 2018 (ECLO)||Woodlands—Ang Mo Kio (GAS, SMRT & TTS)|
|May 2019 (FC)||Woodlands—Yishun / Woodlands—Ang Mo Kio (SBST & SMRT)|
|February & March 2020 (EC)||Canberra—Ang Mo Kio (SBST, SMRT & SMRT TF50)|
- EC: Early Closure | LO: Late Opening | EEC: Extended Early Closure | SC: Full Day Closure on Sunday | FC: Full Day Closure
Charges regular distance fare based on the distance between MRT Stations by rail. Train, bus and hybrid concession passes are accepted, and distance fare rules apply.
|Category||Card Fares||Cash Fares|
|Adult / Workfare Transport Concession Card holders||Follows MRT Fare structure||$1.00|
|Senior Citizen / Persons with Disabilities Card holders||$0.50|
|Student Concession Card holders||$0.50|
- 2018 (17 May): Route announced between Woodlands and Ang Mo Kio by SMRT Corporation for Early Closure & Late Opening of North South Line in June 2018.
- 2019 (08 Apr): Route announced between Woodlands and Yishun (18 & 19 May) and between Woodlands and Ang Mo Kio by LTA for 3 Day Closure on North South Line for Canberra Track Works
- 2019 (20 Dec): Route announced between Canberra and Ang Mo Kio by SMRT Corporation for Early Closure of North South Line in February & March 2020.
Also check out:
Page 1: Shuttle 10 Route Information
Page 2: Photo Gallery
Page 3: Shuttle 10 (May 2019) Route Information
Page 4: Shuttle 10 (June & July 2018) Route Information
3 thoughts on “Shuttle 10: Canberra—Ang Mo Kio Shuttle Bus Service”
They are using the almost completed Yishun ITH to turnaround the buses at Yishun. Buses are entering at the north end entrance and exiting at the south end exit. I believe this is the first time the traffic lights at the south end are being put into operation.
The rudeness of the bus captain as they demanded that passengers to tag the ezlink card . The tone, expression should be of a gentle posture n tone.should not be of demanding as some passengers do not know that it is fare charging service. I think in terms of cultured culture of service politeness should be implemented among the mainland bus captain as they are a bunch of uncivilised , uncultured being who demanded without showing respect their source of revenue from passengers
Saw GAS training on this route