Tower Transit Bus Service 106 is a trunk route running between Bukit Batok Bus Interchange and Shenton Way, passing through Toh Tuck, Clementi, Buona Vista, Holland Village, Tanglin, Orchard Road, Bras Basah, Suntec City, Bayfront and Shenton Way.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
|Route||Bukit Batok Bus Interchange ↔ Shenton Way Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Toh Tuck, Clementi, Buona Vista, Holland Village, Tanglin, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Suntec City, Bayfront, Shenton Way|
|Route Length||22.1km (D1) | 21.9km (D2)|
|GCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit|
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot (BUDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
|Departure Times from Bukit Batok
||0530 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Shenton Way
||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 03 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 03 – 11 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 10 mins
After 1930: 10 – 11 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 11 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 12 mins
After 1930: 10 – 13 mins
Service 106 serves the residential estates of Bukit Batok, Clementi and Buona Vista, providing a direct bus connection to the Orchard Road and Downtown Core areas. It is a vital connection not just between residential estates, but also many It also offers many links within different parts of the city, such as Orchard Road, Bras Basah, Marina Centre, Marina Bay Sands, Downtown and Shenton Way.
Service 106 offers the fastest bus connection between Bukit Batok and Clementi, and apart from express services, is the only bus route connecting the Orchard shopping belt with Marina Bay Sands and surrounding attractions at Bayfront.
Formerly an SBS route since the 1980s, the route was transferred to TIBS in 2000 and has been operated by SMRT until it was re-allocated to the Government Contracting Model (Bulim Bus Package) in May 2016. SMRT’s Alexander Dennis Enviro500 double-deck buses appeared on the route since Aug 2014, marking a comeback since SBS deployed double-deck buses on Service 106 in 1986. Tower Transit continues to deploy double-deck buses on Service 106.
- Raffles Ave (Seating Gallery) → Bukit Batok Int
AM Peak Daily
- Holland Rd (Aft Estoril Mans) → Bukit Batok Int
Weekdays & Saturdays AM Peak
- Bukit Batok East Ave 3 (Opp Burgundy Hill) → Bukit Batok Int
Weekdays PM Peak
- Service 106A: Bukit Batok Interchange → Commonwealth Avenue West (Clementi MRT)
Weekdays AM Peak only, 0645 – 0715 hours
Formerly operating between Marina Boulevard and Marina Bay Sands during the Formula 1 race period, the 1st Generation 106A was withdrawn after the opening of the Circle Line Extension between Promenade and Marina Bay.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
- 1974 – 2000: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Service Ltd
- 2004 – 28 May 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 May 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021.
- 1974: Introduced as Serangoon Gardens Est – Commonwealth Ave/North Buona Vista Rd by SBS, replacing former Service 103A
- 1977: Amended to Orchard Rd
- 1981: Amended to Buona Vista Ter
- 1983: Amended to ply Lor Chuan, skipping CTE
- 1985: Extended from Buona Vista to Bukit Batok Ter
- 1987 (23 Sep): Amended to Bt Batok Int
- 1988 (13 Mar): Amended to Serangoon Int following closure of Serangoon Gdns Ter
- 2000 (24 Dec): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS)
- 2003 (27 Jul): Shortened from Serangoon to Marina Centre Ter under Phase 2 of NEL Rationalisation
- 2010 (26 Apr): Extended to Shenton Way Ter via Bayfront and Marina Bay
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (01 Dec): Calls at a new bus stop (03529 Downtown Stn) along Central Blvd
- 2014 (18 Aug): Alexander Dennis Enviro500 double-deck buses deployed
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: Amended from Maxwell Rd / Straits View to ply Robinson Rd and Marina Blvd towards Bukit Batok, calling at four additional bus stops. Calls at the relocated Bus stop 03539 Marina Bay Station (Formally 03539 Aft Marina Stn Rd) along Central Blvd towards Shenton Way Terminal.
- 2015 (14 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (29 May): Re-allocated to the Government Contracting Model (Bulim Bus Package), and operations transferred from SMRT Buses to Tower Transit Singapore
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.
SMRT Dennis Enviro500 (SMB3509R)
SMRT Mercedes-Benz O405G (Hispano Habit) (TIB1133B)
SMRT Mercedes-Benz O405 (Hispano Carrocera) (TIB783G)
SMRT Dennis Lance (Volgren) (TIB1018B)
External Links & References: