SBS Transit Bus Service 158 is a trunk route running from Serangoon Interchange and looping at Tanjong Rhu, going via Serangoon Avenue 1, Upper Paya Lebar, MacPherson Estate, Aljunied, Mountbatten and Tanjong Rhu Road.
Bus Service 158 was amended to resume plying Circuit Link from 16 Oct 2016.
|Route||Serangoon Bus Interchange ↺ Rhu Cross|
|Passes Through||Serangoon Ave 1, Upp Paya Lebar, MacPherson Estate, Aljunied, Mountbatten, Tanjong Rhu|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B10M Mark IV
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0545 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 10 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 12 – 15 mins
After 1930: 12 – 18 mins
Service 158 is a residential trunk route connecting the estates of Serangoon, Bartley, MacPherson, Geylang, Mountbatten and Tanjong Rhu, linking them with a multiple MRT stations along the way, such as Serangoon, Tai Seng and Aljunied. The route is well utilized not just by residents, but also by workers from industrial areas near Tai Seng and Aljunied Road.
As the only route serving Tanjong Rhu (before the route extension of Service 11), Service 158 is crucial to providing bus connections for residents. To aid with peak hour demand between Tanjong Rhu and Aljunied MRT, Shortworking Trip 158A is operated during the peak hours, which also benefits student demand from Dunman High School.
- Rhu Cross (Opp Costa Rhu Condo) → Serangoon Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0614hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0611hrs
- 158A: Aljunied Rd (Aljunied MRT Stn) → Aljunied Rd (opp Aljunied MRT Stn) via Rhu Cross
Weekdays AM & PM Peak only
Service 158A helps relieve demand between Tanjong Rhu and Aljunied MRT for residents of Tanjong Rhu and students of Dunman High School.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 158′s fleet comprises of a mix of Volvo B10M MkIVs and Mercedes-Benz Citaros. A Mercedes-Benz Citaro was added under the BSEP scheme.
- 1972 – 1973: Amalgamated Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (02 Aug): Introduced between Toa Payoh (Town Centre) and Opera Estate, operated by Amalgamated Bus Company
- 1974 (03 Feb): Does not serve within Opera Estate, and amended to Chai Chee Ter
- 1983 (26 Dec): Amended to Toa Payoh Int
- 1985 (08 Sep): Amended to Bedok Int
- 1990 (04 Feb): Amended from Toa Payoh Int to Serangoon Int
- 1992 (03 May): Merged with service 40, and amended to loop at Tanjong Rhu
- 2005 (05 Jun): Amended to ply Sims Way in the direction of Guillemard Rd/Nicoll Highway, skipped 1 stop along Geylang Rd.
- 2005: Amended to ply Sims Way in the both directions
- 2011 (26 Jun): Amended to Lor Bengkok due to the temporary closure of Circuit Link for Downtown Line construction
- 2011 (03 Sep): Amended to ply along Upp Serangoon Rd instead of Serangoon Central, with the opening of the new Serangoon Bus Interchange.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (31 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (16 Oct): Reinstated to ply Circuit Link instead of Lor Bengkok.
- Refer to this article
- 1992: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1992.